Not scanning/mandatory stop-and-talks during combat

An Ning

Suggestion

Should be self explanatory.

Jumped into a system where a faction I am on "excellent" terms with was attacked by a faction I was at "neutral" terms with and decided to help.

As soon as I opened fire I was forced to stop maneuvering AND firing while being attacked by 6 other ships in order to read about me now being at war with the faction I was hitting.

At 50% health (playing on veteran difficulty) I figured I'd have to turn and run, only to be forced to stop moving again because the faction I was helping was SOOOO happy with my decision, they wanted to let me know they appreciated it -rather than let me move away from the guys killing me.

I managed to survive THIS (barely), only to have "friendly frigate" ping me seconds later after flying through a debris field and once again forcibly stop me in the middle of combat in order to let me know that our relations had gone down and I owed a fine because I picked up stolen titanium from the wrecked cruiser (I'll let you guess the result of that on my ship's remaining health).

Once combat starts... there should be no "forced halt to player maneuvering/firing" if the AI is allowed to continue shooting.

Edited by An Ning

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet