Emergency Thrusters (Braking)

An Ning

Suggestion

Since "First person views" are a "definite no" in this game, how about an engine block that can point forwards and be activated with a key to help brake your craft quickly?

I keep running into asteroids that I have NO WAY OF SEEING until they are too close to dodge because they are completely obscured by my ship, or that I can't tell are in my ship's way because my camera is above (or below) my ship. (clarification: My ship has a 110 m/s brake ability with standard thrusters. But with a cruise of 1 km/s, it travels quite some distance in the 3 seconds it needs to stop)

I'd love to just "stay out of asteroid fields", but enemies tend to go in there, claimable asteroids are in there, secret stashes are in there, and ships in distress tend to be in there.

I just want to point an engine forwards so that when I'm going through what I THINK is an open enough area for my ship to fit and realize "the dark area up ahead is actually another asteroid", I can do something to slow me down.

...failing this, how about an upgrade that puts a little green dot that shows through everything (except menu screens) on all asteroids so you can see them through your ship?

Either that, or the ability to select an engine output amount to have your ship "cruise" at a lower speed than normal -so collisions don't cause so much damage

Edited by An Ning

2 answers to this suggestion

Just put a Triangle in front of your Ship.  -----> O 

Zero to low dmg if you build it like that.

But otherwise good idea, upvote.

Emergency Thruster with a decent cooldown and energy use.

Edited by ClouDiMouDi
more Words, more Content