In-Game Compass

Cletus

Suggestion

If this has been suggested before, please let me know.

This seems silly saying this in a space oriented game. I asked a buddy about this and he told me it was stupid till I explained myself. 

Most "city" areas have miners, extractors, ect. They're labeled with a bunch of letters, but it seems some of them are labeled with N, E, S , W. It would make sense that there could be an easier way of navigating knowing the current map layout found while pressing "M". It would be great knowing which direction is what when navigating through gates (ancient in specific). Some portals are a gamble, and I'd think having the technology of hyperjump would have some sort of directional support when navigating through space. The map alone is static and keeps perfect proportions based on a compass pattern. Scrolling out completely with your mouse wheel will show everything in your sector, and It would be awesome knowing the direction you're headed.

Edited by Cletus

1 answer to this suggestion

There are a couple of mods for this for regular system gates, but not one for the ancient gates. I agree its absolutely needed. I've jumped through a gate, found out its a dead end, turned around, come through, and wound up backtracking after the long jaunt across 100+km because I had no idea which one I came out of originally. Its a good idea to have compasses on the gates, and also a good idea to have nothing on a gate you haven't been through.