Bridge block

An Ning

Suggestion

5 answers to this suggestion

I don't want "1st person", I'd just like to be able to see the front of my ship when I start building things that are really long/tall by moving the camera forward on the body past the tall stuff.

(or to have my camera focused such that I don't constantly spawn zoomed so far out I need to take 3 seconds scrolling to zoom in at the entry to EVERY SECTOR when I have a small ship)

On 4/13/2021 at 2:23 PM, An Ning said:

I don't want "1st person"

Well, I want first person and your bridge blocks suggestion would be a great way of implementing it. Great idea.

On 4/13/2021 at 9:23 PM, An Ning said:

I don't want "1st person", I'd just like to be able to see the front of my ship when I start building things that are really long/tall by moving the camera forward on the body past the tall stuff.

(or to have my camera focused such that I don't constantly spawn zoomed so far out I need to take 3 seconds scrolling to zoom in at the entry to EVERY SECTOR when I have a small ship)

In build mode, have you tried the F key as in "Focus"? If you have selected a block, F will make the block the "anchor point" for the camera POV and your view will be relative to that.. Really useful if you have a lot of small details in your design, and also for getting into small corners. Select a block in said small corner, type F and zoom in.

In normal play, I wonder too what keeps the devs from setting POV to a camera block. Obviously, various methods of moving the POV already exist. The setting of the POV in build mode seems almost the same.

But the tone of the answer to that request was surprisingly negative. I would have maybe expected a "sorry, we have more pressing stuff to do". But a flat "no" to something that is requested a lot? Curious.