Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Workshop Filters

BeBox

Suggestion

I think it would be nice for there to be more options for filters such as block count. That filter would be decided by the game when uploading, not by the creator. If the ship has 1000 blocks, that tag would be automatically added to the ship. The workshop is (no offence) cluttered with too many low quality ships that many arent and wont be popular and used. Many people go looking for cool ships but get caught up in the worse and undesirable ships. Adding a block count filter could help people find higher quality ships and ships that better fit their desire.

Edited by BeBox

2 answers to this suggestion

I think a block count filter would be good for the exact opposite reason. There are servers with imposed block counts on them.  

Also, don't rag too hard on the low block designs. A fair few of them are early access/alpha/beta designs prior to the knowledge on how to do nice shaping.

I agree for the more filters part, but i think i've got a better idea.

I've been posting my idea for a while, i think it might be better IMO, and the filter could be the material one. I've got like 200 ship designs downloaded from the workshop, some of the ships are just for looks, but most you can use in your playthrough. So instead of going through all the 200+ ones, and finding the one i have materials/credits for, maybe we can filter by materials? Something like:

Contains:
+Iron
+Titanium
+Naonite
-Trinium
-Xanion
+Ogonite
-Avorion.

All the other ships who have materials, but are marked with ' - ' would be greyed out. It would really help!.. Me at least 😛