Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Big Guns and Cloaking

DieFlack

Suggestion

Big Guns:

If you know the Game Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption then you might be Familiar with the Aggressor Class Star Destroyer of the Consortium and then you know its two main Weapons, one Big Ion Canon that can disable the shields of Capatial Ships with one shot and one Big Plasma Canon that does massiv Hull damage. Or if you know the M.A.Cs from U.N.S.C. ships from the Halo Universe then you know what i whant. I whant to build Massive Capital ships with really Big Guns or long Range Sniping Ships with Big Guns. You could implement this into Avorion like the Torpedo Launchers as a ship block but it should consume massive ammounts of power and it schould have a long cooldown, atleast thats what i would do with the Big Ion and Plasma Canon, the Big M.A.C should consume less Power but still a big amount and you need ammo like a Torpedo Launcher does. And of course, enemy ships can have does weapons to.

Cloaking:

Cloaking could be a System upgrade or a ship block and should consume a good amount of power but not like the engines where the longer you boost the more power it consumes, it should have a fixed amount of power consumtion so that you can theoreticly be invisible for ever. This would be cool for a survey ship or if you whant to smuggle a lot or maybe you whant to overpower an enemy with many small cloakt ships by silently grouping up in a sector and then uncloaking all at once for massive confussion.

If Cloaking is Enabled: Your Shields are disabled, Your Weapons are offline, You can communicate with ships and stations but you can not dock or buy things and you cant deploy figthers.

If Cloaking is Disabled: Your Shields will be up again in 10 to 20 seconds and have full Helath, Your Weapons are instantly online, and of course you can then deploy fighters and do trading and stuff.

Of curse you need somthing to counter cloaking and there should be a block or system upgrade to uncloak enemys or to be uncloaked.

Sorry for my bad english 😕

• Like 1

2 answers to this suggestion

This is what I want as well. We could have a 'special' bigger guns category, and with special effects. "Star Conflict" has some of these on their destroyers, i especially love the 'ion heat laser' thing, i forgot it's name. 
They could also consume a 'special' part of the weapons category (or that you can just mount one of them per ship), since there are gonna be new weapon categories in Avorion 2.0.

The cloaking is also cool. I don't think that having the ability to keep cloak on forever would be 'balanced', i'd rather prefer some limitations like the engines have that they consume more power overtime. Also, if you get closer than ~2km from a corvette, they notice you and fine you (or something simillar, like the counter-measure you mentioned).

Since the cloaking could be a system upgrade, i was also thinking of bringing 'modules' into the game. This might not suit the game, i don't know what the developers have in mind, but these 'modules' would be a bit different from system upgrades. System upgrades, upgrade parts of your ship - bigger cargo space, farther jump range, more weapons... But these modules could be Active ones, such as Cloaking, Short-range warping, or making enemy torpedoes turn against them for a period of time.

Edited by xSoNz
more details; grammar errors