Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Fighter QOL, Command QOL

AvorionCraft

Suggestion

On occasion, when I tell another ship in system to start salvaging, I'll come back and find them very far away, like 120km distant chasing after a tiny piece of debris. One time, I found my dreadnaught 1200km away. It took an hour for its fighters to be retrieved. So I've some thoughts on that.

New Block: Fighter Jump Anchor

• Expensive, only available in Xanion or Avorion--100,000 for a 1x1x1 block + $500,000 cash
  • 1x1x1 Block gives a 10km "Anchor" for all fighters, where upon issuing the recall command, to a squadron, the fighters would jump to within a kilometer of the host ship and continue docking procedures
    • Each additional 1x1 gives an additional 10km Anchor range, allowing a way to retrieve lost fighters for a quick departure from the system.
      • Any fighter outside of 250km range automatically jumps to within 250km range in order to combat the "5000km drifter fighter"
  • Jump Anchor is inbound only

New Fighter Command: Retrieve

• Command that tells fighters to retrieve components (turrets, modules) within a range determined by the fighter jump anchor.
    • So instead of trying to get your tractor beams to grab everything (which will still be faster), you can take 5, go get a snack after the battle, and let your fighters go retrieve everything

New Command: Parameter

• Allow us to set the distance in which ships can travel from the warp in point. Having ships running off 1200km away is not common, but can happen because the "salvage" order doesn't seem to have a specified range.  So a command like "/Parameter 40" sets the ship's max distance travelable to 40km +/- 5km (so it doesn't bug out and start doing summersaults)
    • Actually taking that back. Was about to kick off a Big Brother fight and my main battle wagon was just sitting there look a doof back home. Turns out there were (and still are, an hour later) several fighters that are 5000km out. I have no choice but to let them make their way back, and try to close the gap as best as I can manually (cut about 3000km before their directions became wonky)
Edited by AvorionCraft

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet