Hyperspace Anchor Station

Gavin McStine

Suggestion

A Station that acts like a Hyper Drive Anchor. It wouldn't increase your range other then to its own sector.
The Anchor Station could add X range per station size.
Example: If you are 30 sectors away from your anchor stations sector, with a ship range of 20 and a +10 station, it would allow you to make the jump in one go. but not the 9 sectors between your max range of 20 and the stations sector.

Edited by Gavin McStine
  • Like 2

2 answers to this suggestion

I like the idea, but I think it would make more sense for this to be a module that you can put on a station.

Hyperspace Anchor Module: Applies only jumps inbound to the station, and anchors only affect you or your allies (not AI)

Petty: +5 Hyperspace Range

Common: +10 Hyperspace Range + 5% Ship Range

Uncommon: +15 Hyperspace Range + 8% Ship Range

Rare: +20 Hyperspace Range + 10% Ship Range

Exotic: +25 Hyperspace Range + 12% Ship Range

Legendary: +30 Hyperspace Range + 15% Ship Range

Unique: +35 Hyperspace Range + 25% Ship Range  (EG--if a ship has jump range 100, the anchor gives a total 100+25+35 for the anchor. 160 sectors to home in one jump. Home sweet home.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2021 at 9:24 PM, AvorionCraft said:

I like the idea, but I think it would make more sense for this to be a module that you can put on a station.

Reduced for brevity, though all your text was good with me ...

Via Discord, you may have already read that I use asteroids built-as-ships to anchor my task forces at as I play-thru. Being able to tie that system module to each of my Forward Operating Bases would help alot with the RTB ...

Edited by Blackhorse_Six_
punctuation