Rotating Ship Parts

Tankium

Suggestion

many building games have some way to make rotating parts on certain objects. From The Depths and Space Engineers are 2 games that have this possibility. 
I have already tried to do a similar thing using multiple ships placed inside each other, however they just clipped through each other (glitch out of their sockets due to a collision bug)
one approach to this could be using docked objects. If it was possible to dock objects at angles other than multiples of 90 degrees, then theoretically most of the work has been done already. But i havent seen the game code, and have no idea how it works. To me it just seems doable.
Controls might be difficult to accomodate this. I also suggest adding drag and drop code, to program the blocks to respond in different ways to certain events such as key pressed or it finds an enemy nearby. This seems difficult to use, but a modder from another game has done this. That mod is very popular and its surprisingly easy to use.

This could all be difficult to implement but i have always wanted a mechanic like this. And in my opinion, docking makes it seem more feasable (possible) than ever before

• Like 1

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet