Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Docking and ship stats

ottodeluxe

Hi,

it has happened to me a few times now, that some ship stats did not update when undocking my ship(s).

I am not posting this to the bugs section, because I cannot reproduce this reliably,  and thought maybe there is a workaround. So here is what happened:

I docked a large asteroid to my craft to tow it to a sector I want to set up production in. After some fiddling, I managed to dock it, and my ship handled very poorly (as you'd expect). I managed to align myself and jump, then undocked the asteroid. However, even after undocking, my decelleration and turn speed stay near zero, although they were fine before.

What I tried so far:

1. Adding/removing blocks

2. Leaving and re-entering the craft

3. Restarting server

4. Switching to other craft (same and different sectors)

5. Switching to other sector, then restarting server (to make sure the ship is unloaded and reloaded), then switching back

6. Docking and undocking ships and objects

None of those helped, and my ship has the mass of the asteriod permanently added to it. I do not have the means to build a copy of the ship, then transfer all my stuff to the copy and then delete the original. Nor do I have the time to do that semi-regularly. I wondered if there is a script command (or at least something in the API I can try - or that could be added), to "reset" or "recalculate" a ship completely. One other time, I had a ship with shields stuck at 0. They would not start regenerating, no matter that. I had shields, it had energy, they were turned on. I confirmed all that with lua in-game. Even after some 30 mins of trying around still no shields. Even deleting all shield blocks and building new ones did not fix that. Again, I did not post a bug, since there was nothing in the logs, and I could not reproduce it reliably. Only building a copy and transferring all crew, cargo, fighters, modules and turrets would have helped.

Does anybody have a suggestion what else I could try to fix "suck ship stats" in the fuure?