Different docking block type for command modules

Kirshak

Suggestion

The idea is to have a new type of docking block. One that is resembling the default Dock block in design and function. However, the difference is that there should be not as much restrictions as seen on the default Dock. For example the space needed for it to function should be much smaller in radius, as well as the block not releasing anything if the ship owning the dock block is building around this space. That way, small ships can be created and then used as a "command module" if docked to a big ship having a "hole", afterward, the player will be able to build around that smaller craft and then close that hole.

This approach then allow the player to jump into this smaller craft that can now be the command module of the bigger ship, and enjoy commanding this carrier/command ship by ordering it to go closer to a station, patrol, attacking enemies, and many other orders. The default Dock block make it possible to create a dedicated spot for the bridge of a ship right now, however, the object used as a bridge is a very small object and cannot have a lot of shield and armor, making it a very dangerous bet when venturing inside the barrier, additionally, the space needed for the dock to function is very large, and might not be ideal when building ships with exotic or complex design.

This suggestion is because many people, including me have been wanting the AI to be able to command or continue executing orders for a ship while the player is inside that said ship.  However, from what I understand, Avorion technology do not allow such a thing yet. I hope that using the new DLC docking system, a creative way can be found for the player to finally be inside his mothership with the AI been able to carry on orders for the player. 

command module.jpg

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet