[Mod] Avorion Commands Package (/inventory, /crew, /sethome and more)

Aki

Hey!

I am having problems with the turret adding. I made the lua file and pasted it in data/scripts/commands but it does not work in game :O I tried one of the example ones in the original post and nothing happens.

And thanks! /sethome is such a life saver.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the add crew...is there a way you can make it add actual professionals instead of just regular crew?

Currently no, sorry, I want to add it asap but if there is someone who want to do it, then I'm open for any contribution.

Is it planned to add fighter spawning?

Yeah, it is a little bit more complicated than /inventory, because you need to create/have squadrons beforehand, but after that it should be quite similar.

I am having problems with the turret adding. I made the lua file and pasted it in data/scripts/commands but it does not work in game :O I tried one of the example ones in the original post and nothing happens.

Make sure you have pasted all files in correct directories. Note the player/cmd/ path.

Aki, Im a fan of your simple sethome script as it works 100% server side, however is there any chance you could either modify too my needs or point me in the right direciton too dig in and modify it somewhat :)

Heres what im thinking... (So I can have the command setup as public use)

1) Charge player money amount for activation (customizable via script)

2) Upon activation reverse faction standing of current home system (something too do with home.x home.y when I was looking at code)

3) Upon activation add faction standing for new home system, eg closest faction too where command is issued.

Logic would go something like this..

Cmd Activated

Grab player current home faction too args

Grab player current sector faction too args

If money check correct then apply faction changes

else

fail with error msg regarding money etc

Something like that, Im sure you get the idea of what im sugesting :)

era5or,

Charging players for use would be simple. Well, changing faction standings shouldn't be an issue either, but we already have version of this script that allows players only to change home to sector with friendly or own station. I think we should go in this direction. We are just waiting with this version for alliance update which will most likely change some of faction-related stuff.

For charging in data/scripts/player/cmd/sethome.lua:

local price = 1000
if player:canPayMoney(price) then
   player:payMoney(price)
   --change home sector, lines 5,6
end

Or similar.

Make sure you have pasted all files in correct directories. Note the player/cmd/ path.

Yea that did the trick. I did not have the second lua file in the player directory. :) Cheers.

Thanks for the reply Aki, I can at least implment the price side of things for now, but yeh i think its smart waiting too see how the faction/alliance stuff may change in next update. Im currently waiting on the custom ports too work, as atm it seems too fallback to a hardcoded steam default ports no matter what im doing :(

era5or,

Charging players for use would be simple. Well, changing faction standings shouldn't be an issue either, but we already have version of this script that allows players only to change home to sector with friendly or own station. I think we should go in this direction. We are just waiting with this version for alliance update which will most likely change some of faction-related stuff.

For charging in data/scripts/player/cmd/sethome.lua:

local price = 1000
if player:canPayMoney(price) then
   player:payMoney(price)
   --change home sector, lines 5,6
end

Or similar.

Thanks for the great work on this! These commands are lifesavers for us creative players :)

Made a quick ref txt file of the input values. Made it for myself to keep open on the second screen but might as well post it here, figured it could be useful to others.

---COMMANDS---
/teleport <player> [x] [y]
*teleport command is vanilla. No mod needed

/sethome

/inventory turret <type> [rarity] [material] [tech] [amount]
/inventory upgrade <script> [rarity] [amount]
/inventory available <turrets|upgrades|materials|rarities>

/crew <fill|clear|add>
/crew add <profession> [amount]

/price

---INPUT VALUES---
<script> 
arbitrarytcs
batterybooster
cargoextension
civiltcs
energybooster
enginebooster
hyperspacebooster
militarytcs
miningsystem
radarbooster
scannerbooster
shieldbooster
tradingoverview
velocitybypass
energyshieldconverter
valuablesdetector

<type>
chaingun
laser
miningturret
plasmagun
rocketlauncher
cannon
railgun
repairbeam
bolter
lightninggun
teslagun
forcegun
salvaginglaser

[rarity] 
legendary
exotic
exeptional
rare
uncommun
common
petty

[material] 
avorion
ogonite
xanion
trinium
naonite
titanium
iron

<profession>
none
engine
gunner
miner
repair
pilot
security
attacker
sergeant
lieutenant
commander
general
captain

I am still having trouble with the /crew command. I read the forum and still nothing helped me out. I was wondering if you could post a small video on the downloading of this mod.

Read whole point before doing anything.

Following dots on file paths and names are due to sentence structure, ignore them.

[*]Clean-up if you installed it.

[*]Download first file from the first post: this one.

[*]Move that file to <Avorion>/data/scripts/commands/. Make sure that name is crew.lua.

[*]Download second file from the first post: this one.

[*]Move tat file to <Avorion>/data/scripts/player/cmd/. Make sure that name is crew.lua. Note that cmd directory might not exist - create it if needed.

[*]That's it. Test it with example provided in first post.

If you still have problems then press single-quote (') or tilde/backquote (~/`) to open up console. Make a screenshot and post it if there is anything interesting in it.

I am trying to use all of the mods together...

turns out the /inventory commands are the only ones working.

Help?  :(

Try reading post above yours and applying all the steps for every script you want to install (make sure you download proper files and put them in proper directories: that player/cmd/ is important).

If that won't help post console (single-quote key) output on calls.

I will post soon whole package along with FAQ.

I am trying to use all of the mods together...

turns out the /inventory commands are the only ones working.

Help?  :(

Try reading post above yours and applying all the steps for every script you want to install (make sure you download proper files and put them in proper directories: that player/cmd/ is important).

If that won't help post console (single-quote key) output on calls.

I will post soon whole package along with FAQ.

Thank you!  :D

I have no idea what i'm doing, but it work so whatever.

usage

/fighter add <type> [rarity] [material] [tech] [amount]

Well, it doesn't really work. At first file had some spacing issue, like "end" was merged with next word, I fixed it. Still, I was giving me this.

Iddno

Well, it doesn't really work. At first file had some spacing issue, like "end" was merged with next word, I fixed it. Still, I was giving me this.

Iddno

That's what you can expect from someone with no experience in programming or scripting. I just copy paste around. Maybe someone else can fix it.

I still can't figure out how to remove fighter, that how competent i am.

EDIT : since someone else is already making an addfighterscript, so this is likely the final one from me. removed previous attachment

update attachment and usage:

to add figher:

to check free space:

/fighter free

note : volume are not the same as free slot since larger fighter which are generated using higher tech value will occupy more space.

fighter.zip

Iddno

That's what you can expect from someone with no experience in programming or scripting. I just copy paste around. Maybe someone else can fix it.

Working fine for me! Thank you! Been waiting for this for a while.

Iddno

EDIT : since someone else is already making an addfighterscript, so this is likely the final one from me. removed previous attachment

update attachment and usage:

to add figher:

to check free space:

/fighter free

note : volume are not the same as free slot since larger fighter which are generated using higher tech value will occupy more space.

It's wors now! Thanks a lot!

Is there a way in the crew command at the moment to add trained crew instead of untrained crew?

Yes, just updated with new version of /crew command. Now it is possible via e.g.: /crew add mechanic prof 2 5. This will add 5x Professional Mechanics at level 2.