Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[Mod] Avorion Commands Package (/inventory, /crew, /sethome and more)

Aki

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new helptext what turrets / systems & other is availible would be nice... or did i just not read it

I have added in-game list for all available materials/rarities/turrets/upgrades: /inventory available <type>.

Command help is now also available via /inventory help (same thing as /help inventory).

The way the help with the inventory command worked was tedious. I made some alterations to make it more simple and easy to find how to get the help you would need.

I never coded in this lua stuff. But it does work.

/inventory <null> "Usage: /inventory help , upgrades? , turrets? , materials?, rarity?"

/inventory help  "Modifies inventory of a player. Usage:\n/inventory turret <type> [rarity] [material] [tech] [amount]\n/inventory upgrade <script> [rarity] [amount]\n/inventory available <turrets|upgrades|materials|rarities>"

and..

/inventory upgrades? as well as the rest print out the available lists.

having to type out /inventory available  , over and over was inefficient.

also by adding in the null agr it rendered most if not all of your invalid inputs obsolete.

inventory.lua

The way the help with the inventory command worked was tedious. I made some alterations to make it more simple and easy to find how to get the help you would need.

I never coded in this lua stuff. But it does work.

/inventory <null> "Usage: /inventory help , upgrades? , turrets? , materials?, rarity?"

/inventory help  "Modifies inventory of a player. Usage:\n/inventory turret <type> [rarity] [material] [tech] [amount]\n/inventory upgrade <script> [rarity] [amount]\n/inventory available <turrets|upgrades|materials|rarities>"

and..

/inventory upgrades? as well as the rest print out the available lists.

having to type out /inventory available  , over and over was inefficient.

also by adding in the null agr it rendered most if not all of your invalid inputs obsolete.

I mean, it still works in the same way. The main reason behind "available" action was to avoid additional actions you have just added. It can be changed to something shorter ("list"?) or maybe work with short aliases for each action, but the general design won't be changed, because it is there to make command readable and structured not fast. Notes taken, I will make it shorter and probably add aliases. I won't use your code though.

Your code indeed works, but it is not entirely valid (null).

On a side note, you don't need to type it over and over. Just type it once then use history. ;)

Thank you for your feedback.

It would be cool to have a mod where you can just add crew to your ship something like where if you type

/crew <type of crew> <# of crew>

you would get those crew.

I always have problems with crew in creative and I personally thought it would be cool to have as many crew as you need.

Make sure you have installed both mods correctly:

It means that you have newest inventory.lua file in your data/scripts/commands and you have overwritten data/scripts/systems/miningupgrade.lua with Kane's version of it.

Once you have done this, then simply type this in chat:

/inventory upgrade mining exotic

Or choose any other rarity.

I'm getting this error atm. Linux server.

could not execute function 'initialize' in '"data/scripts/player/cmd/sethome.lua"':
data/scripts/player/cmd/sethome.lua:28: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value
stack traceback:
        data/scripts/player/cmd/sethome.lua:28: in function <data/scripts/player/cmd/sethome.lua:3>

Setting script "data/scripts/player/cmd/sethome.lua" to invalid.

Question about  /crew

I saved it correctly (i think) and tried to add crew to my ship by entering /crew add mechanic 5000    Nothing happened, so i tried /crew fill      Still nothing. My question is that this was a singleplayer file that i was running before I got the /crew command, does the command only work in single player or can it be used in servers, but the server must be made after the mod is saved?

Thanks in advance

Hey! excellent mod so far, been able to refit and modify most designs and test their fits pretty well so far.

But i have a question, is it possible to "Give" other players items through this command? or is this restricted to Admins only/single player only?

And yes i know i can just send it through mail after I get them, im just asking if its possible to skip a step there :P

Really liking the idea of the /sethome command, although when I try to use it in game it says "You can only do that in a home sector" Confused, I thought the point of the mod was to set a sector to a home sector?

Same problem as LeRougePanda

and

I'm getting this error atm. Linux server.

could not execute function 'initialize' in '"data/scripts/player/cmd/sethome.lua"':
data/scripts/player/cmd/sethome.lua:28: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value
stack traceback:
        data/scripts/player/cmd/sethome.lua:28: in function <data/scripts/player/cmd/sethome.lua:3>

Setting script "data/scripts/player/cmd/sethome.lua" to invalid.

Sorry for that, update script and it should work as intended.

Thanks for the code, it works well.

edit: I am not sure. But I think the code for the crew has a problem.

Sometimes we can have a captain in each ship, but this one does not execute orders. I change ships or reverse the captains, and the problem remains.

Request: command for showing price (money and minerals) of currently boarded ship. Would be useful for those who like to plan ships in creative mode.

Added /price.

edit: I am not sure. But I think the code for the crew has a problem.

Sometimes we can have a captain in each ship, but this one does not execute orders. I change ships or reverse the captains, and the problem remains.

I wasn't able to reproduce it, could you explain it a little bit more? I have build over 10 ships and filled them with crews. All of them took orders and executed them.