[Mod] Avorion Commands Package (/inventory, /crew, /sethome and more)

Aki

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello,with /inventory i can't add generator script's,it said that the namw is unknow xS

Generator is called "energybooster", try that.

I guess it would be nice to have their display names rather than script file names. I will try to remember about adding that, thanks.

Oh and you can get all possibilities with /list upgrades.

hello,with /inventory i can't add generator script's,it said that the namw is unknow xS

Generator is called "energybooster", try that.

I guess it would be nice to have their display names rather than script file names. I will try to remember about adding that, thanks.

Oh and you can get all possibilities with /list upgrades.

oh i got it !!,thanks!,andd how i can add crew?,its said me ``could not identefy crew rank : nil ´´,i'm using /crew add gunner 1 1 10,i'm wrong?

oh i got it !!,thanks!,andd how i can add crew?,its said me ``could not identefy crew rank : nil ´´,i'm using /crew add gunner 1 1 10,i'm wrong?

It seems I forgot to add support for numeral ranks ::), try:

/crew add gun pro 1 10

Fairly new to this and I'm mainly having a piss-about until my friends get it then we will play serious, but I've been researching and gettin the 8 "keys" to reach the center seems like such an endeavour, was hoping you could add it to the /inventory mod, if you haven't already? (on the phone so going thru all 7 pages isn't so easy for me right now)

Side note is there a way to see a grid on the blocks ur placing onto? Sick of having to re-place blocks that are out by 0.25 on the snapping (generators are great for placing against tho, nice symmetrical patter on them :P )

Hey I have a question about the /sethome script. I am wondering if it is possible that every time some one types /sethome that it charges them credits depending on how close to the center they are. I like /sethome but I do not like that it can be macroed every time someone jumps looking for a little balance to the command.

Fairly new to this and I'm mainly having a piss-about until my friends get it then we will play serious, but I've been researching and gettin the 8 "keys" to reach the center seems like such an endeavour, was hoping you could add it to the /inventory mod, if you haven't already? (on the phone so going thru all 7 pages isn't so easy for me right now)

It is possible if you modify lib/cmd/upgrades.lua. I didn't add it on default because they are lore items.

Side note is there a way to see a grid on the blocks ur placing onto? Sick of having to re-place blocks that are out by 0.25 on the snapping (generators are great for placing against tho, nice symmetrical patter on them :P )

I'm not sure if this is a good place for this?

Hey I have a question about the /sethome script. I am wondering if it is possible that every time some one types /sethome that it charges them credits depending on how close to the center they are. I like /sethome but I do not like that it can be macroed every time someone jumps looking for a little balance to the command.

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,830.msg8203.html#msg8203

Sorry for just linking it. It should be changed a little bit now because of the new version of /sethome, but the template (if statement and price) for paying is the same.

However, why "repair" for Mechanics? Wouldn't it be easier to remember with "mech"?

Repair is their internal name. It has been changed in the new release - now it is possible to use both "Mechanic" (mec, mecha, Mech etc.) or "Repair" (or variation).

New commands added:

/fighter and /agoods, more in first post.

While these are all nice scripts, I have no interest in installing all of them. Indeed, certain multiplayer servers will ban players for cheating and I'd rather not take the chance of having some of these installed.

Mostly, I'm interested in /price /whereis and /crew, with the latter only to avoid the headaches of a lack of crew in my creative galaxy when designing ships.

Is there any chance we can get a breakdown of the files required to install these separately, rather than as an all-or-nothing option?

From what I can tell:

/Crew requires;

• crew.lua in the /commands/ folder
  • professions.lua in the /lib/cmd/ folder
  • ranks.lua in the /lib/cmd/ folder
  • ? common.lua in the /lib/cmd/ folder ? (PROBABLY, but I'm only guessing...)
  • crew.lua in the /player/cmd/ folder

/Price requires;

• price.lua in the /commands/ folder
  • ? common.lua in the /lib/cmd/ folder ? (PROBABLY, but I'm only guessing...)
  • price.lua in the /player/cmd/ folder

/Whereis requires;

• whereis.lua in the /commands/ folder
  • common.lua in the /lib/cmd/ folder (DEFINITELY required!)
  • tellposition.lua in the /player/cmd/ folder
  • whereis.lua in the /player/cmd/ folder

Am I right?

While these are all nice scripts, I have no interest in installing all of them. Indeed, certain multiplayer servers will ban players for cheating and I'd rather not take the chance of having some of these installed.

Mostly, I'm interested in /price /whereis and /crew, with the latter only to avoid the headaches of a lack of crew in my creative galaxy when designing ships.

It is impossible for players to use command without having permissions for them set in admin.xml. At least it was the case the last time I checked (week or so).

If you really want to use selected ones: copy lib/cmd/* (everything), commands/?.lua (selected), player/cmd/?.lua (selected if exists; for /whereis -> whereis.lua AND tellposition.lua). Getting everything from lib will make it easier and you won't worry that you will break commands.

It is possible if you modify lib/cmd/upgrades.lua. I didn't add it on default because they are lore items.

How would one go about this? Been looking for any other way to do it in the mean time and it seems I'm just gonna have to add it to your code myself, doesnt help my wifi has been iffy lately so I've been unable to get on here to check

I'm having trouble adding upgrades. I try to put them in like I "think" it would be, but I just get an error message.

For upgrades I tried

/inventory upgrade Turret Control System M-TCS-5 Exotic 5

/inventory upgrade Turret Exotic 5

/inventory upgrade M-TCS Exotic 5

/inventory upgrade Armed Exotic 5

But none of them worked. Also tried /inventory available upgrades, but it just gave me an error message.

As for the weapons, they seem to be random when I add them in. Could there be any way to also determine the seed of the weapon? This way we could look through a turret factory for the seed we want, and load that specific weapon in.

I'm having trouble adding upgrades. I try to put them in like I "think" it would be, but I just get an error message.

For upgrades I tried

/inventory upgrade Turret Control System M-TCS-5 Exotic 5

/inventory upgrade Turret Exotic 5

/inventory upgrade M-TCS Exotic 5

/inventory upgrade Armed Exotic 5

But none of them worked. Also tried /inventory available upgrades, but it just gave me an error message.

As for the weapons, they seem to be random when I add them in. Could there be any way to also determine the seed of the weapon? This way we could look through a turret factory for the seed we want, and load that specific weapon in.

take a look at scripts/lib/cmd/upgrades.lua, at the very beginning there is a list of the "proper" commands for the various upgrades,

for your example it would be any of those:

/inv upgrade mtcs exotic 5

/inv upgrade mil exotic 5

Oh we taking requests :P I like to see all these ;)

http://imgur.com/a/1o4jf

simple question :'( :'( :'( :'(  how can i get this ? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

type /run Entity():addScript("lib/entitydbg.lua") in your chat-window and press enter ...

then you have a second "puzzle piece" in the top right menu (it says "~dev" in its tooltip), just click that to get the developer dialogs!

type /run Entity():addScript("lib/entitydbg.lua") in your chat-window and press enter ...

then you have a second "puzzle piece" in the top right menu (it says "~dev" in its tooltip), just click that to get the developer dialogs!

thanx bro  :-*

Apparently I'm dumb when it comes to this.

How do I install this onto the server for others to use?

In what ways do I "edit" the admin.xml? I mean, I see the;

"<command name="seed"/>" etc

How do I connect those to the mod scripts?

Where do I put the folders in the server?

Hello.

/crew fill seems buggy. After i had used it, i wasn't able to user Jumpgates anymore.  :o

I just fly through them, like they're not there..

That is because your ship is too large, doesn't have anything to do with the mod itself.

Ships being too big for gates is actually a bug, which Koonschi said to address soon.