How does a Xsotan Wormhole Guardian respawn? At all?

TacticalMaster

According to the game wiki, it says that the Xsotan Wormhole Guardian can respawn if the proto version during an Xsotan invasion can fill its bar to the max. It eventually did, but after awhile, nothing happened at all. Ever. My station is nearing its death and I had no choice but to destroy the Proto. When I did, I get the "invasion defeated" notification, meaning that I win instead of "losing."

I asked this question because I reloaded my primary completed save since 1.0 and I have the "Destroy the Guardian" quest in my mission log. I do not want to break sequence so I tried to let the Xsotan Proto fill its bar so the Guardian can respawn, but nothing happened.

Is it true that the Xsotan Wormhole Guardian can respawn under some circumstances? Or they do not and now I am stuck with this "destroy a non-existent Guardian" objective? I really need to see how it ends in the 1.3 update version, when patch notes said that they've improved the story aspect of the game.

Just look at my screenshots the bar is completely filled but nothing is happening. So I had to destroy the proto and I get a "win":20201208151450_1.thumb.jpg.c251332fd0b7bd9bcbb381367e06842a.jpg20201208151535_1.thumb.jpg.e096049c7344807d8de5ba9c82a7503c.jpg

• 4 weeks later...