Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

True 'beginner' level setup

Frolonov2

Suggestion

I modified several game scripts to create a 'beginner' or 'casual easy' difficulty.

Extracting files from the zip and use those files in 'modified1' folder to overwrite respective files in 'steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\data\scripts\lib'.

To restore the original setup, use those in 'backup1' to overwrite files again.

Players may choose to start a new save to find whether this setup could make early-game experience easy enough for beginners...

Modification includes improving early-game resource gathering significantly and reducing cost of most items. This could help beginner focus on the main story without wasting too much time on grinding. It also increase weapon range and projectile speed to ease up aiming, while teaching beginner to improve ship size, armor and shield, as well as the use of shield reinforcer upgrade.

modified file link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QTB2qOuZH7wrLrpdI6d-rA5G07mqDKal/view?usp=sharing

20201123201630_1.jpg

20201123223311_1.jpg

20201123223328_1.jpg

20201122204637_1.jpg

20201122204658_1.jpg

20201123201517_1.jpg

20201123202610_1.jpg

Edited by Frolonov2

1 answer to this suggestion

I tried this setup in a new save. Mining, buying turrets and building fighters did become much easier.

However, it still needs much effort to find new mining site and NPC factories. Finding proper mining turrets to mine higher level material also takes a lot of work and trial,  since reputation in AI faction usually starts from fairly low level, which means their equipment docks/ turret factories won't be available until reputation reach certain level. Building turret factory in early-game would be too expensive. As for improved chance to get legendary upgrades, it does help getting good mining/trading/C43/radar upgrades in early-games, but hyperspace/shield reinforcer/shield booster are still rare. Based on that I wouldn't think this new setup affects the balance too much.

There's certain known method to improve reputation above 'good' level: 'Free Slave', 'investigate missing freighter(pirate/illuminated)', 'She's innocent', 'pirate raid event', 'warzone event'. Those missions or events appear highly depend on RNG, while commerce/tribute won't help to get above 'good' level, I would say necessary play time for progress would not be reduced much by my new setup and new players without much knowledge about those would have to try even longer, which means the original setup would be even more exhausting.

Edited by Frolonov2