Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Fix your community.

Avoria

Suggestion

Mostly a task out of your scope, but you can start here for example: TenguKnight, a head admin mind you, silenced 3 people (myself included) over a "heated debate" that doesn't exist. The 3 of us were peacefully discussing block stacking in Discord when he suddenly demanded we be quiet to stop a debate. There was no debate. There weren't even conflicting views! He even later said that there was no debate! If that doesn't spell out how stupid, delusional, and abusive this person is, then I don't know what will. He also probed, verballly attacked and branded me, as some kind of DLC hater and mortal enemy because I simply informed a new player of the total cost of the game + the DLC. As if that action somehow translates in his dysfunctional brain: "He's a suspect... he must hate the DLC!" This guy has mental issues and should not be a Head Admin. Twice has he struggled to grip with reality and act professionally. I can't participate in a community with deranged people like this.

3 answers to this suggestion

Greetings.

I silenced the discussion because it was quickly sliding towards a heated debate, like I had seen happen literally *every* time block stacking was discussed and every time staff had to intervene. I wanted to save some trouble and de-escalate the situation before it got worse and pointed out that the discussion always lead to the same points having been made, which people could find using the Discord's search function.
"how stupid, delusional and abusive" - I am just a human and I make mistakes too, but I don't think I have any of the qualities you described. You have been constantly spreading negativity throughout the Discord community and the staff team even made a statement in the announcement channel about keeping feedback constructive, but your behavior and tone did not change, so I felt that something had to be done and I asked you nicely, but apparently you took that as an insult, which I did not mean. I just wanted you to change your negative feedback into constructive feedback that would be beneficial for the devs and instead of saying things like "that command just doesn't work" to a new player you could have described a workaround way of doing what the new player asked and then gone to write an improvement suggestion about the missing feature. Constructive feedback is always welcome, spreading negativity isn't.

Tell me how I can do my job better and I'll listen to the feedback. What would you like to see me do more/better? What ways of me responding to some situations you'd like to improve? I am always open to constructive feedback.

"I don't think I have any of the qualities you described."

Apparently I need to spell this out for you as if your a child.

"Quickly sliding towards a heated debate"

Quickly? Really, then go back and look at that conversation and tell me at what point was this quickly sliding into a heated debate? At what point was any of us demonstrating conflicting views or hostility?  We even agreed on a general opinion on block stacking. YOU even said by quote that there wasn't even a basis for a debate to begin with. Instead, you decide to silence the three of us because you just got tired of hearing about a discussion you personally don't like. The only person who complained about it was you, not the community. That's an ABUSE of power. Now that you know what abuse means, let's move on to the next.

"You have been constantly spreading negativity throughout the Discord community"

This is delusional, because your brain can't seem to figure out the difference between being negative and being critical or realistic.  To say "that command just doesn't work" is not negative. That is a FACT in the game. The game does not support what a new player is looking to do. To tell them the opposite is idiotic and false. Describe a workaround? Sure, I've done that several times, and so have others who were with me when talking to new players. Exactly what world are you living in where you can't see that? You have a twisted sense of reality, and the fact that it takes you so long to take notice should spell out the first quality I mentioned. 

"I asked you nicely"  You never asked me anything concerning behavior or tone. I have literally no DMs of such a thing. If anything, you should be asking yourself that when you verbally accused and probed me of being some kind of DLC hater because I described the price to a new player.  You're delusional. Also, you claim that apparently I took "asking nicely" as an insult. Prove it then 🙂

"Change your negative feedback into constructive feedback" Oh this is rich.  An abusive, delusional, unintelligent Head Admin tells the guy who's openly provided several upvoted suggestions, discussions, and bug reports, many of which were fixed, to the devs to stop giving negative feedback and provide something actually constructive. That speaks VOLUMES about your mental state buddy.

Alright, here we go. This will be a long message. But that's suitable for an apology.
I will write some background so that people can understand what this is about.
A few weeks back block stacking was often discussed and those discussions often lead to heated debates and situations where staff was required to intervene. On the 19th of October I opened Discord and saw a discussion about block stacking going on in #avorion-discussion. My reaction immediately was "not this again... Do I have to babysit here waiting for something to go wrong or intervene now?"

I chose the latter, the easy route, which I should not have done and that choice has lead us to this situation. It was abuse of power, and suddenly, even without realizing it I had done a thing that I deeply want to avoid and hate seeing happen. I had abused my powers to silence a discussion that was actually peaceful, which I should have seen if I had spent enough time to read all the messages instead of quickly glancing over it. Seeing dozens of messages about stacking and with the completely fed up mindset I had at the time I made the wrong call and stopped the discussion.
You asked later if you could DM staff and I answered yes and mentioned that I am always open to constructive feedback, which I truly am, and this message or apology is how I want to express that I take criticism towards staff, including myself seriously, look in the mirror and ask "What did I do wrong" and "How can I improve so that I won't make the same mistake again?"
You never ended up DMing me, probably because you had seen me (though not meaning to) abuse my staff powers and made the logical conclusion that I wouldn't listen to feedback and would probably ban you like the generic power-hungry and easily triggered Discord staff member, even though I wouldn't have. I wish you would have DMd me so that all this drama would have been unnecessary.
The worst thing about this is that I didn't realize having abused my staff privileges before Averis pointed out his perspective to the situation in the forum post, which I replied to with still my limited view of the situation (yet another thing I regret doing, I should have dug up the message history right there, not now).
I took the time to read the message history logs and they prove me guilty of abusing my staff powers. I sincerely and deeply apologize for my wrong actions in that situation. I want to bring something positive out of this, and it is that I promise that I have learnt from my mistakes. I will use the errors I have made to become better and to use the power given to me more wisely.
To summarize it, I made a mistake which I shouldn't have done, a mistake and course of action showing qualities that I despise in people in positions of power, and I am here to apologize. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Regarding what I said about your negativity, I never could connect your Discord account to the person posting suggestions on the forums. I became biased and blind to the constructive feedback you gave, only seeing the negativity in your comments.
I aplogize and promise to be a better staff member in the future. I hope that you will forgive me and think of me as a human being. Humans make mistakes. But only fools don't learn from their mistakes.

Edited by TenguKnight