Captain, Do this. Even though I'm here.

Atomik

Suggestion

5 answers to this suggestion

A workaround might be to dock a small "Admirals Barge" to the mothership, enter that with the player, then give orders to the mothership.
Haven't tested.

Edit: Seems to work fine, I made a starter ship and docked it to my battleship, then went into strategic mode and gave the battleship orders while playing from the starter ship.

Edit 2: Could take this a bit further and design a mothership with a bridge or "captain's quarters" that is a separate ship, then put your player in that and ride around in style.

Disclaimer: I have a bunch of Mods installed, it is possible one of them is allowing this to work.

Edited by Riftmaster

On 12/16/2020 at 1:44 PM, Riftmaster said:

A workaround might be to dock a small "Admirals Barge" to the mothership, enter that with the player, then give orders to the mothership.
Haven't tested.

Edit: Seems to work fine, I made a starter ship and docked it to my battleship, then went into strategic mode and gave the battleship orders while playing from the starter ship.

Edit 2: Could take this a bit further and design a mothership with a bridge or "captain's quarters" that is a separate ship, then put your player in that and ride around in style.

Disclaimer: I have a bunch of Mods installed, it is possible one of them is allowing this to work.

docking a 'command barge' to a larger ship does infact work in vanilla provided you use the primary vessel when docking. If you a re piloting the small vessel and initiate a docking procedure the larger vessel is considered "docked" and will be imovable as a result