Wanted: Multi-Warhead Torpedoes

Lazarus Long

Suggestion

My crazy idea of the day is having multi-warhead torpedoes in the game. 

Take two, three, or four small torpedoes and fit them into a standard torpedo chassis.  Once the chassis is launched it tracks it's target just like standard torpedo and accelerates to 50% of the top speed of the war heads and then deploys them in a tight cluster after which each warhead veers away slightly and then thrusts and turns under it's own power.  Based on the settings of the weapon group they can then either go after a single target or each choose a different target to attack.  For single target mode the existing torpedo calculations take over at this point.  For separate targets the existing fighter AI might be employed, but without a dodge chance just like standard torpedoes. 

If the torpedo reaches a target too soon (before the warheads launch and arm their individual payloads) it should deal at most ~50% of it's total warhead damage, but I think this might need play testing to find the correct balance.

If a warhead is shot and detonated too close to it's sibling warheads is should have a chance to detonate them as well.

I kinda stold this idea.  See this thread:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/445220/discussions/0/2983033649181577905/

EDITED:  Because I think way faster then I can type 😛

Edited by Lazarus Long

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet