Weapons need rebalanced :)

LordMaddog

Several years back when I fist started rail guns were way OP 🙂

Then they were nerfed and are more or less junk now 😞 

And for a sort time Lasers became the new meta.

Sadly  teslas are now insanely OP with easily 4 to 5 times the dps of any other weapon 😞 

The last four play throughs I have done I exclusively used teslas all the way from my first loot to the end just because nothing else even compares to their DPS.

I know they have energy drain and bla bla but that does not balance them and just makes them less fun to play with...

I would love to try out cannons but their dps to slot cost is atrocious. (should be at least 2x higher especially because they are hard to hit with and are impossible to use with any other weapon type.)

All this said I realize that you have really tried to make each weapon unique and in there own right fun. I think for the most part you have done well. The problem is you have failed to understand that 90% of all players will always just select the highest dps turrets they have and slap them on.

As such this makes the weapons seem Meh especially when one type is all ways the highest as teslas are now.

This is only compounded by the fact that the player has not control over what he gets and when faced with the choice will go with the beam type weapons because they have the best dps and the others don't mesh well.

IMHO

It would be much batter to have all weapon types have the same dps across the board and make tweaks form there accordingly so they all have their own style. 

Edited by LordMaddog

On 11/12/2020 at 9:08 AM, LordMaddog said:

Sadly  teslas are now insanely OP

The problem is not in teslas. The problem is in turret factories.

Imagine you have 2 tesla turrets. One is 1-slot, two barreled (meaning each barrel deals half damage). Another is 6-slot coaxial single barrel. So, barrel of the second one deals times 6 {due to number of slots}, times 3 {due to coaxilness,} times 2 {due to single vs two barrels} =  36x more damage. First turret has 1200 DPS per slot, second one - 4556 per slot (coaxial bonus, without it it would de 1518) [numbers are from the game]

Now imagine you can transfer damage value from the barrel of the second turret to each barrel of the first turret, without any negatives (slot count, coaxilness).

Turret factories do exactly this.

Other weapons types are less affected by this (by not tbeing able to roll coaxial/6 slots, or being non-beam, which means number of barrels affect rate of fire instead of damage)

Ah that explains why they have such ungodly damage end game lol

but honestly even with out that looted teslas are the only way to go from iron to axan they just have the best dps. Worst yet they are hit  scan weapons which are also op now that enemy ships can zoom around at 2k speeds. 

• 8 months later...