Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

1 Billion Omicron Ship

MoreChainguns!

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2020 at 12:22 AM, MoreChainguns! said:

I've seen a few designs with  over a million Omicron...

Has anyone ever built a ship with anywhere close to a billion Omicron?

Would a ship of that size be redundant in combat?

Depends how fast you want to kill the enemy.
Or, alternatively, accidentally piss off an ally.

I think you could do it with a relatively small ship, assuming you had the right mods.
There are mods out there that vastly increase the turret slots systems give, so that (for example) exotic turret control systems give +120 turret slots.

Assuming you have other mods which increase weapon power or add more powerful weapons, you could possibly get omicron that high.

Edited by Riftmaster

• 5 months later...

I don't know how you would ever get to 1 billion firepower, the weapons the default game just don't get powerful enough, and you can't get more than 15 system slots (which I think is lame and unnecessary).  This makes large ships that have well in excess of the volume needed for 15 slots a little wasteful.   However, on insane difficulty enemies near the core can do so much damage that they can actually whittle down a minimal 15-slotter ship relatively quickly.  For that reason I've been slowly working on a ~4.3 km-long super dreadnaught that will use independently targeted turrets.  I'm hoping that a ship that size can be safely AI-tasked with destroying Xsotan fleets and pirate bases without me having to worry about it getting destroyed.  The AI doesn't really know how to flee...

So extremely large ships shouldn't approach 1 billion firepower.  But to answer your spirit of the question, I think there may still be a point to excessively large ships, at least on higher difficulty levels.  After all, for excessively large ships, you don't need any processing cores at all, so all of that volume can be devoted to more shields and energy.

Edited by Speed

Aren't processing cores things to unlock more system slots?

Also, how do I see my processing power?

Also, have you mentioned the fear factor in multiplayer when a super-dreadnought hundreds of times your size warps into the system?

I guess I would personally just love to have ships of such obscene dimensions that I can bully the AI into submission without any trouble :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 12:01 PM, MoreChainguns! said:

Aren't processing cores things to unlock more system slots?

You can't unlock any more than 15 systems slots.  If your ship is large enough to have 15 system slots without using a single computer core block, then there's no point to putting any computer core blocks on it at all.

• 2 months later...

Mmmh yeah with mods i guess they have big damage turrets or tons of turrets.
New system in "free play" with "no docking restriction" can allow you to dock & use other ships turret, so with this way in solo without mods you can have tons of turrets too 🙂 I maybe plan to do a "Transformers"-like ship like that, like a big ship who can dismantle in 5-6 ships separated 😄

More subsystems = more turret slots too in normal game, with 2.0 i saw one new nanobot system who require x15 slot to be added & give you 1 extra slot + process power (idk if it work) but well 😕 i guess it need a better value 😄 use 1 to give 1 , hum... 😄. But somes can be nice on small ships, imagine 1 who give slots + enough power to add mores, you could make small ships who are fast & lot of maniability + tons of turrets.

Edited by Meliandah