Any galaxy seeds worth sharing?

Thundercraft

I wanted to start a thread to share seeds for galaxies, particularly any that seem different or interesting.

My second single player galaxy was generated with the seed "Zerkov" (as in the professor in the Flash Gordon stories). I haven't gotten very far, yet. But I found myself disliking the name "The Pirates of Tloeciiyi", which is the name of the faction in my home sector.

I tried generating new galaxies. However, I found myself either disliking the faction name or the environment of the starting sector. In particular, I dislike having a thick fog as that can make mining asteroids and salvaging wrecks a lot more difficult.

In the end, I tried dozens of different seeds. Mostly, though, I was curious to see the faction names that the game's procedural name generation comes up with. Anyway, here are the seeds I've tried, the name of the starting sector faction, and how the sector looks:

Zerkov			"The Pirates of Tloeciiyi"	(green nebula)
zerkov			"The Uosuooet"			(thick yellowish fog)
1qsLq9oooF		"The Afl"			(blue nebula + planet)
999999999999		"The Rivev'fea Conglomerate"	(rose nebula) ; {Station design is forked, like a comb}
zzzzzzzzzzzz		"The Ahoosoo Collective"	(rose nebula) ; {Station design is lots of square rings}
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ		"The Jjaojtbeaea"		(green nebula + planet dark side) ; {Station design is chaotic}
Thundercraft		"The Oiuoloib"			(pea green fog + planet dark side + lava planet)
thundercraft		"The Ruvru"			(orange-ish nebula)
Glitteringdawn		"The lambiaun"			(dark red or rose nebula)
glitteringdawn		"The Empire of Ulbufiodl"	(blue nebula + huge dark planet)
GlitteringDawn		"The Yeybo"			(rose nebula + huge ringed planet)
IAmLegend		"The Aoddsadslools"		(yellowish nebula)
iamlegend		"The Ilau"			(blue-gray nebula)
PsychicGibbon		"The United Xiewbauj Followers"	(thick yellowish fog + planet)
psychicgibbon		"The Pirates of Oucou"		(thick orange fog)
Tagolian		"The Veaq'muilmaa"		(rose nebula + cloudy planet)
tagolian		"The Eltrae Conglomerate"	(thick yellowish fog + ringed planet)
Gaia			"The Church of Jeaciu"		(blue fog)
gaia			"The U'woiy"			(blue fog)
Rhea			"The Followers of Aoraogcih"	(yellow-green fog + big planet)
rhea			"The Universal Oo Republic"	(white nebula + dark side of a planet)
Lovelock		"The Oejriuf"			(orange nebula)
lovelock		"The Jzetbeeyee"		(blue nebula + small gaseous planet)
Seraphine		"The Uugqoujlhiin' Conglomerate"   (blue nebula + small lava planet)
seraphine		"The United Easpbaakaiv Organisation"  (dark red nebula)
Threa			"The Fihefcuh Empire"		(yellowish fog + planet)
threa			"The Ziou States"		(bright blue nebula) ; {Station design is soothing blue & white}
Lenocia			"The Ooqpispi Emirate"		(green nebula)
lenocia			"The Woumuluz"			(orange-yellow nebula + huge barren planet)
Albion			"The Veiqu'"			(blue-gray nebula)
albion			"The Empire of Xav'ogo'"	(yellow nebula + HUGE ringed planet)
Lovocea			"The Church of Iji		(yellow nebula) ; {Station design is CRAZY LONG!}
lovocea			"The Euijtuif"			(dark blue nebula + dark side of a planet)
Vocea			"The Wouagaos"			(blue nebula)
vocea			"The Emirate of Deezola"	(pink rose nebula + pitch black dark planet)
Locea			"The Eiiur"			(yellowish fog + habitable planet) ; {Stations are comb-like}
locea			"The Coaao"			(orange fog + ringed lava planet) ; {Stations are crazy long!}
Lova			"The Zpeu'osq"			(red nebula + huge ringed, barren planet)
lova			"The Planets of Peaduirjdli"	(yellowish nebula + huge lava planet)
Myla			"The Uifmuibot"			(blue nebula + barren planet)
myla			"The Oismsoaklaod"		(bright blue nebula)
Morita			"The Aowoukou"			(gray-green nebula)
morita			"The Raakiehhi Empire"		(greenish nebula + barren world)
Anthuan			"The Kingdom of Puadcia"	(yellowish + rotating, inhabited planet)
anthuan			"The Universal Ciivuinl Planets"   (greenish nebula)
Ziame			"The Organisation of Auvaaaam"	(yellowish fog + huge inhabited planet)
aiame			"The Democratic Planets of Aaar'um'"  (orangish nebula)
Carinae			"The Conglomerate of Oeoix'"	(yellow-green nebula)
carinae			"The Universal Alliance of Uafbah"   (blue fog)
Euecana			"The Vouon Emirate"		(reddish-orange fog)
euecana			"The Pirates of Cuaa"		(greenish-yellow nebula)
Mensae			"The Oaosus Empire"		(red nebula + dark side of inhabited planet)
mensae			"The Biui Oragisation"		(dark red nebula + blue habitable world)
Zerza			"The Fuokoo"			(yellowish nebula + dark side of a planet)
zerza			"The Galactic Louwiucoug Planets"   (bright blue nebula)
Ventau			"The Oie'beovz Conglomerate"	(thick yellowish fog + huge ringed planet)
ventau			"The Empire of Buequapzea"	(reddish-orange nebula)
Thalia			"The Odoo Kingdom"		(green nebula + gree planet + wispy green clouds)
thalia			"The Democratic States of Aad'dip"   (yellow-white fog + planet)
Cacia			"The Corporation of Urwu"	(green fog)
cacia			"The Mookiede"			(bluish nebula + rotating planet)
Theia			"The Planets of Ua'hiuqucs"	(blue nebula)
theia			"The Corporation of Aayi"	(greenish nebula + lava planet)
Cora			"The Republic of Aosvo"		(orangish nebula)
cora			"The Iozljafdbo Organization"	(yellow nebula)
Pannotia		"The Universal Uhu'oa Commonwealth"   (yellow nebula + rotating planet)
pannotia		"The Clan of Oayuu'qo"		(rose nebula + small gray, barren planet)
Nabia			"The Ehahen Dominion"		(grayish nebula + gas planet + small lava planet)
nabia			"The Uey"			(yellowish fog)
Nikara			"The Church of Osiee"		(sparse blue nebula + florescent blue barren planet)
nikara			"The States of Ieu"		(blue nebula + dark, ringed inhabited planet)

would you reccomend one to start with? That maybe has some good asteroids fields for begining or a scrapyard close?

Aside from the seed "Zerkov" I mentioned, haven't played any galaxy for any length of time. So, I don't have much to recommend. But that's one of the reasons why I started this thread. I hope others chime in with some recommendations.

I will say, though, that ALL of the seeds I've tried (see my list) have a nice spread of asteroids in the starting sector. And all of them have some rich asteroids. In that respect, I think all seeds are going to be about the same. Though, I suspect that there is some variation.

Further, I would discourage the use of a seed that has a thick fog in the starting sector. (My list mentions whether the start sector has either "fog" or "nebula". The ones with "fog" are the ones to avoid! A nebula means fair to good visibility.) As I mentioned, that could make it difficult to spot asteroids at a distance (like mineral-rich asteroids) or spot wreckages to salvage.

I would also mention that the "Zerkov" seed I tried had the Equipment Dock way out on the edge of the system, which felt a bit inconvenient. Though, it's not like I have to visit it frequently.

Is there any way to find your seed after playing for a while? My home sector has a large group of friendly pirates, and a pretty steady stream of cargo ships that slowly fly right through them and get shot and die, dropping their cargo, and there are two smuggler stations about 5 sectors south for laundering the goods. I got rich pretty quick. Downside is the pirates are strict, they'll stop you for the stolen cargo. Another downside is it does have medium thick yellow fog.

• 1 year later...

Ok.. change.. I had a list compiled of different seeds and was enjoying one I plugged in as "Heaven" for a minute.. but after this last update it seems Seeds have changed, so all lists may be inconsistent now. I plugged in my old Seed "Heaven" multiple times and loaded old games for comparison and seem to only find a difference in map placement and color/fog where the original "Heaven" had a Golden and White Cloudy Background with Bright Rays and Stars Shining through with a Charcoal/Magma Planet below with light White Haze/Fog.. has now turned to a Blue, Purple Mess with no Planet and a medium Blue Haze/Fog. The faction (Ha-lao) is still the same as is their buildings (Shipyard, Repair Dock, Resource Depot, Equipment Dock) but the Silicium Mine has changed from M to S. The Minerals (Titanium and lots of Iron) plus one Claimable Asteroid all remain the same. Map placement, oddly, has moved from 399, -198 to 397, -211. Something to note now as other seeds may experience drastic or no changes.. I am not sure what has been changed. Just posted what I noticed since my last update received this day of post.