Better ways to track income / expenditures

Sathaerz

Suggestion

Maybe a ledger or something. It would be nice to be able to track how much money you spent / made in a single game over a course of a few hours or something.

This would be especially good with alliances. When I was doing an alliance-only playthrough with a friend we'd frequently lose a bunch of money and have no idea why we lost it.

• Like 4

8 answers to this suggestion

A tab with a listing of all the stations and ships with a location, how much profit or loss it has made overall and what are the cost in wages. I personally would like the tab to resemble the look of the trade view and not the fleet tab (gets really hard to read) with some filters for stations and ships to be separeted and a way to order whats the most profitable within a X amount of time.

• Like 1

Ah, fantastic a post already made on the topic! I would just like to add some ideas of a game that has done it quite well and which you might have heard of, Eve Online. I reinstalled the game to snap some screenshots and it's changed a little overtime, but it's the same concept.

Now since it was a while I only bought a couple items but it should give an idea of how it logs transactions. The overview is a good idea to see what profits and such you're making at a glance

EveWallet1.thumb.png.b4ee78c66205919af2b6e273518670d1.png

One thing I would absolutely love if this was implemented into Avorion is a search bar similar to the one you have for vaults (Searching Indep repair and it would show those results), having that in a transaction screen looking up specific stations and what investment has gone into them over time would be pretty helpful. Another idea would be to have a tab with an overview of stations displaying their profits, pay and transactions in a compact overview and a more in depth look when selected on.

EveWallet2.thumb.png.d9b035aadaea8120858a7e64dff1d82a.png

Another screenshot specifically for Market transactions. Splitting up things into tabs might make it easier like splitting personal transactions and alliance transactions, I don't really have an accurate vision of how the layout would look but I would like to shoot as many ideas as I can to help with brainstorming if you guys take it into consideration! 

EveWallet3.thumb.png.95856242aa946c448e31fe77bc0c270b.png

Me and my friends love the game so far and are planning to play many more hours, so thank you for an awesome experience and I hope this can be of some help to you!

• Like 2

I didn't see this when I made a similar suggestion, so I'll put my ideas in here to merge them into one place and further the discussion here:

My original post:

When I'm building an economic empire, I'd like to know more details. Currently we can only look at our total cash, an individual station's (inaccurate) total income/expenditures, and a long list of sales in the economy chat window. I'd like a page in the player menu with a full economic overview of my entire empire. I'm talking graphs and charts, data that can be parsed by station type, sector, "economic impact range", etc. There are a million ways this could be implemented, but here are a few specific things that I think would add great depth to the economic side of the game, and make it more playable and manageable:

1. ability to enter a station's "trade goods" menu from the galaxy map/player menu fleet page
  2. graphs showing cash, ores, and goods over time for your entire empire, that is also sortable by ships, station types, by sector, sector range, etc.
  3. list of all stations sortable by profit, expenses, etc.
  4. crew cost as well as cash spent on founding and upgrading a station should be added to that station's "expenses" column so you can *actually* know how much money that station has made you.

These are just a few ideas, but there is a ton more room for expanding the available information on the economic side of this game.