Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Rabiator's Shipyard

Rabiator

A collection of things I consider worth submitting to the community.

The first one is a suggestion for a prettier standard drone, the one you get at the start of the game. Steam workshop link. The black&yellow design is meant to resemble construction equipment. Flight performance is quite similar to the original drone. What I could not build is the extra small mining turret with a base of 0.1 x 0.1. AFAIK this is currently not possible with the in-game editor.

So if Boxelware wants to use this one they are welcome to do so. But the devs would have to add the turrets from the old drone themselves.

Starter_drone.jpg

Edited by Rabiator
Adding screenshot

I guess the devs don't want the drones to become full-fledged warships ;-) 

But jokes aside, with certain limitations editing the drone would make sense. Such as

• The drone has to fit in a box of 8x8x8 meters
  • You can only build with iron
  • You get only an iron engine with a volume of one cubic meter. That is actually what I used in my Steam workshop project. Thrusters are similarly limited.
  • You get to use the two mining turrets from the original drone, but no other weapons.

Also, at these sizes working with thrusters really needs some improvement. But that is a topic for another thread. Before I start that, I want to collect some more evidence for the problems I ran into.

• 2 weeks later...

New design: The Iron Angel.

A bit large for one's very first ship, but it should not take too long to get the ore and money with a makeshift flying brick. Then you can upgrade to this.

IronAngel_building.jpg.7d3152ea3219b765fd2d4e5db45c5bf5.jpg

The Iron Angel is adequate for fighting weak pirate groups once you have upgraded the guns a bit. An integrity field generator helps to reduce damage and survive longer in a fight.

Edit 16.10.2020:

As suggested by Vis, I'm exchanging the screenshot for one that shows the stats. Stats removed from text of post.

Edited by Rabiator

• 8 months later...

A small starting ship, called the Lady Courageous. (Steam Workshop Link). This one is really meant as one's first ship. Except that you have to get Titanium build knowledge first.

2011354962_LadyCoragousnewversion.thumb.png.a3a404f3c6008c3084e1300a6c1fd65f.png

Mine a few asteroids, one of them made of Titanium and you are good to go.

Updated version: Slightly enlarged crew quarters for Avorion 2.0

Edited by Rabiator

• 1 month later...

A slightly larger ship this time, the  Nice Try  (Steam Workshop Link).

The Nice Try is a five slot corvette that could be one's second ship. I'm still not quite satisfied with the design, hence the ship name. But she is nice enough to publish 😉.
1348319372_NiceTry.thumb.png.af3e41468f55adf9d72644199b7193bd.pngBuild cost:

94.052 Credits
3.878 Iron
14.906 Titanium