Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Snap options, warpable blocks, less restrictive overlap limits

Keeper6669

What feature do you think will bring the most to the game from the upcoming update + DLC?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Just me looking forward to the features - and a massive thank you to the devs.

• Docking
    • Docking
    • The ability to finally build a mothership class vessel. (Docking)

Suggestion

hi guys.

got a few ideas, all for the ship build mode. all of them are in a loose relation to slopes. also a "build your own" corner style piece

first one - snap options - its great being able to snap to any side of a block, but it sometimes feels like an awkward process if you want to place something where the centre of the block is inside other components. in the same way you can set the mirror for x/y/z, it would be nice to use the same style of interface to set panes on a single axis that your build snap snaps to - in the same sort of way that the framework provides but also allowing of blocks like slopes that you cant use the "place one block on edge of where you want new block, place the block you want where you originally want it, delete other block".

snap options - there should be a way to say you want to use the edge of a block to snap for where your placing it. along side this, edges of especially slopes would benefit from being able to attach them corner to corner

warpable blocks - i know its all a game about squares - but wouldn't it be nice to not have to have a group of say 30 small blocks to make even a half ok curve, but could fatten or slim down slopes (i cant think of any other block that it would be used for) to have the same effect. don't expect this to ever be a thing in avorion but hey avorion 2 will be here eventually right? lol

overlap stuff - it would be nice is a block like framework could have a 0 effect on any placement of other blocks. not really an idea for a feature but if I am doing a list its all here 🙂

build your own corner - instead of alot of preset options for slopes, cant we have a list of "default/fravourites" and a slope designer that lets you select which corners exist and it gives you the corner/slope. i have a lot of hours on avorion and I still get a bit turned around when trying to find some parts

thank you for reading.

Edited by Keeper6669

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet