Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Singleplayer World Won't Load.

Niko_de16

I downloaded the game yesterday and I managed to get it working and playable in several occasions with and without Mods, But ive been finding myself with a issue of my singleplayer worlds refusing to load with a long load time, and frozen game for most of loading, (So far i noticed it works when i see the loading screen) with and without the mods, and they sometimes dont give a log. (No idea what type of crash it is) When it trys, It repeats 

2020-09-20 21-08-15| Starting server 'bin/AvorionServer.exe' with arguments '--galaxy-name defaultgalaxy --server-name Niko_de16's Server --port 27000 --public false --safe-player-input false --pausable true --send-crash-reports true --alive-sectors-per-player 500 --listed false --authentication false --exit-on-last-admin-logout --admin 76561198130656568 --use-steam-networking true --threads 15'

2020-09-20 21-08-15| Wrote server mod config to "C:\Users\mac_m\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\defaultgalaxy\modconfig.lua"

2020-09-20 21-08-15| error creating process "G:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin/AvorionServer.exe" args: '"G:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Avorion\bin/AvorionServer.exe" --galaxy-name defaultgalaxy --server-name "Niko_de16's Server" --port 27000 --public false --safe-player-input false --pausable true --send-crash-reports true --alive-sectors-per-player 500 --listed false --authentication false --exit-on-last-admin-logout --admin 76561198130656568 --use-steam-networking true --threads 15 ': Access is denied.

2020-09-20 21-08-15| 
2020-09-20 21-08-15| The handle is invalid. 

"The handle is invalid. " is repeated until it says it couldnt start singleplayer.

What Ive done so far is validate the games files several times, delete and make new worlds which it can do, but it freezes for a long while. Made sure both the Avorion.exe and AvorionServer.exe is allowed by my firewall, and i dont have a VPN. As i ran into this issue from the first launch of the game in a long time. (I'll do a Re-Install overnight and get back to you with a update when i get home in the morning)

Here's my specs.

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor

8GB of RAM

GeForce GTX 1050 with possibly 6 VRAM (Logs show 1.5GB)

Windows 10

Sorry that i cant give you a way to re-create this bug, but ive seen nobody talk about this type of issue before yet. Nor do i know how its happending as this happended as a fresh install.

CilentLog:clientlog 2020-09-20 21-05-38.txt

I hope this effects only a small number of people and is a easy fix for you dev's. Hope you have a good day, or night.

Update: Still Happends. Sorry agine for not being able to give a way of re-creating this bug.

Edited by Niko_de16
Total VRAM Correction - Update