Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Factory Material Storage

Eyzarous

Folks,

Factories need to divide available storage space for supplies based on the product unit, not the volume of the supply. Example: my targeting systems factory has 6k of wires, 20k of conductors, 1.7k of energy cells, 2.9k targeting cards, 10k processors. I finally had to go in and reduce the amount of storage in the station so it would stop bankrupting me with massive processor purchases.

The fix:

1 targeting system requires 1 targeting card (0.5v), 1 processor (0.1v), 3 energy cells (0.5v), 5 conductors (0.15v), and 5 wires (0.5v). Therefore 1 unit of supplies for 1 targeting system is 0.5 + 0.1 + (3*.5) + (5*.15) + (5*.5) or 7.1 volume. Consider a finished targeting system volume of 0.75 then we have 7.85 volume for 1 unit. Divide the storage space by that number and then break out the individual components. So, the 18.16k cargo hold of my targeting systems factory looks like this.

18160/7.85 (factory space / unit size) = 2313

therefore we should have up to 2313 targeting cards (1x material), 2313 processors (1x material), 6940 energy cells (3x material), 11566 conductors (5x material), and 11566 wires (5x material). and the factory won't bankrupt my empire. A control could also be put in with how many cycles of production materials to store, so I could limit it to 500 cycles if I wanted to.

Thanks for listening everyone!

Eyz

• Like 1