Duplicating ships on crash

Smertnickx

Thats the problem, when server run out of memory it crash's and there is a chance to duplicate ships when it save backup of savegame. Here some picture that illustrate this problem/

IMG_07062013_183248.png

And i have some problems with HP bar that shows my ship HP. Some pic that illustrate it.

IMG_07062013_183414.png

P.S. Sorry for errors in text. And please tell me where i make mistakes. This game RULE! :)

• Boxelware Team

Hey! Thank you for reporting those. The HP bar bug is already fixed. Are you able to reproduce the ship duplication bug? I've encountered it before but wasn't able to successfully reproduce it.

I think i can explain you when this bug take place. When server runout of memory and crashs he saves a backup savegame with a location and all data of player ship and when i try to load savegame server load backup and actualy save. so when loaded we have two ships: actualy saved ship and ship from backup. they placed on  different system sectors of map. Also we with my friend repeat whis bug for few times.

in server and client log there no interesting no errors or other, but if you needed i can send it to you. they just too large for attachment to post, i'll left links to them

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22981762/clientlog.txt

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22981762/serverlog.txt

P.S. we with my friend also crash game when mod turrets with increasing firerate. so when too much shots fly ower space game crash with runout of memory. thats how we duplicate ships fitst time. also i think that time of crash important. so if game crash's when you in one system spend alot of time ship don't duplicate and if crash was when you travel one or more systems it can be duplicated in start of travel(where was last save) system and in exacly in system where you are.

So it was a projective weapons problem and i think that was problem with optimizzation of fired projections. As a said before runout of memory but i'll try to do this again and attach csreenshot also can try to load memory dump of process if you need?