Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Reputation is ruining this game!

ApolloMk2

I played 250 hours of Avorion almost 2 years ago, and just started playing again after getting a couple friends to buy it. Unfortunately, they're probably going to refund it and I can't blame them. You've made so many good changes but reputation requirements are ruining your game! You have all these great different ways to play Avorion, but now you can't do lots of them because of reputation. Like you give a tutorial on how to control multiple ships but then you can't because you need a captain, you finally find one to hire and you can't because you don't have reputation. You fight off a couple waves of pirates to up your rep, and its not even a drop in the bucket.. Same for certain systems and turrets. The RNG of equipment has always been a little frustrating in this game and now that you have more strict reputation requirements it feels REALLY bad. Especially considering that you haven't setup a great system for gaining reputation. I'm just confused on why this was added, and who thinks it's good for the game. If you want to add it to late game sectors and high level items, fine, but it is making the early game experience sooo bad, especially for new players.

• Confused 1

It can be a grind to increase faction reputation. If only it were a fun challenge, a challenging way to prove my loyalty.

I made a list of missions, and I'd love to see some of them offered to greatly increase relations. I did notice that some are already a part of the game, which is exciting.

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience, I have also run into this problem of advancing from startup quadrant where you start with excellent reputation into areas of the 3rd and 4th quadrant towards core and realizing I need captains and running into Reputation issue. 

Now, I always remember to purchase a couple before leaving the friendly Rep area where I start. That will solve that issue. But you will need to plan ahead and decide where you will be going and need to raise your rep with a new faction.

I think the Reputation aspect of the game is a very important core feature - you could not have a functional universe without it - to decide who is at war and who is friendly and gets access to the best turrets etc..

And if you do not already know, the "Free Slaves" mission randomly given by stations in their bulletin will allow you to basically purchase 15000 rep for around 200,000+ credits by paying off the pirates for the slaves.  Doing that a couple times gives a big boost to Rep.

Selling ores/ items to a faction also gives a big boost.

Hope that helps.

Edited by *yogi*
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The game has no reputation issue. The fact that you simply did not take an interest is that in your native system at the shipyard you can buy a ship with a captain and it may even be a simple cube exclusively for your problems, not games. Everything in the game is so simple that you don't even have to look for clues on the Internet. After 2 hours of play, as soon as I bought it, I already had 4 resource collectors with AI captains in my native system.
Buy yourself a cube with 1 captain at the shipyard in your home system and stop talking nonsense.

Avorion.JPG

Edited by ARTGUK
  • Like 1