Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Blast-Door Block

RXC

Suggestion

Essentially a block that would open on command and allow passage through. Could look like the current dock block but with actual sliding doors.

With news of ‘Ship-to-Ship docking’ soon to be implemented into the game, it would be great to be able to build fully enclosed areas, accessible through such blast-doors, for transporting your ships together.

(also, could be used to close hangars)

2 answers to this suggestion

The scenario I picture is this:

I would have big bays within a huge carrier ship (or station), closed with such Blast-Doors, in which I would store my own ships. When I want to deploy one of those ships, I undock it from the carrier and open the blast doors for it to leave.  

If this works, I assume that it would also be possible to place a door in front of a hangar and open it when I want to deploy fighters. 

(yes, this tends to be an aesthetic feature)

I do agree that there is probably some technical difficulty but I am not sure it would be very hard to the dev team. If we take turrets as an example, it seems to me a much more complex feature that works very well.