Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Do consumer stations increase the frequency NPCs visit factories?

lovepack

The verbiage on things like shipyards, military outpost, or equipment dock  about "attracts NPC traders" is a bit vague. Can someone clarify if this means that more NPC will visit your factories in that sector? IE if I build a Body Armor factory in a sector and then a shipyard will there be an increase in NPC visits(More sell/buying) to the Body Armor factory?

Not really. There are 2 separate trader "streams":

1. The factory-only stream that works when in the factory settings you check "actively buy/sell" goods. This will cause factory to try to "call" for traders every 90 seconds.
  2. The general stream that works for all consumers and factories. Every minute it chooses one of them. So big amounts of consumers/factories in one sector will kinda conflict with each other. But with reasonable amounts it's gonna be fine.
Edited by Rinart73
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the response! So is it better to build in a zone with no NPC stations(consumer) as those might cause this conflict? So right now I have a shipyard, equipment dock, repair, military and research all in my main factory sector though none are set to buy, will this cause the conflict?

Also for the slider bar -20% to 20% is that what determines the likihood of the type of trader when this 90 second call is made? IE if you have it set to 20% will it be that much more likely that sellers will come to the factory?

2 hours ago, lovepack said:

build in a zone with no NPC stations(consumer) as those might cause this conflict

Yes, they could "steal" some traders.

though none are set to buy

If you disabled buying then yes, traders for them simply won't spawn.

Also for the slider bar -20% to 20% is that what determines the likihood of the type of trader when this 90 second call is made?

If I remember correctly, if you have > 0% extra price, it will make traders more likely (but not guarantee) to sell goods to your factory rather than buy (because you pay extra for those goods).
And if you set < 0% price, they're more likely to buy from factory rather than sell, because you're selling goods for a cheaper price.

Edited by Rinart73
  • Like 1