Different types of attack pattern for fighters.

John4458

Suggestion

Problem,  Salvaging and mining fighters are now acting like they are fighting the salvage or asteroid. (Haven't use repair fighter yet, assumed the same problem). They seems to make a bomb run fly towards the target with boost on, and when within X KM, retreact.

dea:

In the fighter factory when building fighter, have an additional option of attack pattern.

A 'Worker" pattern where the fighter stay stationary a few KM away from the target.

A ""Gunship" pattern where the fighter strafe sideways around the target.

rgds

^ผลบอลเมื่อคืน^

• Like 3

5 answers to this suggestion

I think my only "issue" with this is that the on-and-off application of damage is a form of balance. A carrier with 120 mining fighters will out-mine most any mining ship out there that's using just traditional lasers. If all 120 fighters kept 100% application 100% of the time, then it'll be beyond unbalanced in terms of efficiency.

As for salvaging fighters, I rather like them as they are as they have a much higher likelihood to hit blocks that wouldn't otherwise be targeted (regular hulls and the like, as auto-salvaging ships+fighters only seem to go for high-resource parts like shield generators and the like. I've gotten enough Legendary mods and turrets cleaning up otherwise-abandoned hull part debris fields to know that there's value in even those small tidbits.

Edited by Anthony AyeDog
Additional Thought

NO, what we need is the ability to assign ships to fleets and set formations for those fleets as well as giving them sub-orders within those formations. Then you can set up different elements within the formations to do different things under different conditions. And of course, you can do the same for fighters. 

• Like 1