[EU|US|AUS] Rusty's Universe Modded Servers [AUS&US Fresh Start August 10]

Devious

Important:

10/08: Most information here is outdated and needs updating, see our Discord for the most up-to-date information

Everyone is welcome to join but to keep the chat clean, please try to talk English with each other.
We try to be a beginner-friendly community, so feel free to ask around ingame or on the Discord if you need help with anything!

We have a restart script running that will restart the server within 5 minutes incase the server might crash or stall, if the server stays down longer than that please contact an admin on Discord.

We are curious towards adding new features, we have three developers on our team who help out every now and then with their cunning skills and we value that deerly.
Either way we are looking forward to the mods being developed by the community of the game and plan on integrating those which enhance quality of life and gameplay.

We have been hosting the game since it launched, and have no intentions on stopping anytime soon. Our wipes happen every 2-3 months if no issues arise.

Rusty's Semi-OP Galaxy [CorePvP]:

• PvP protection outside the galaxy center, log-off protection inside
  • Insane difficulty
  • Stronger NPCs/enemies inside the core
  • Increased droprates
  • 33% Collision
  • 5 additional active sectors per player (untill performance becomes problematic)
  • Rusty's Modpack

[EU] Rusty's modded CorePvP Galaxy:      5.226.143.34

Web-Interface EU: https://5.226.143.34:8080/

[uS] Rusty's modded CorePvP Galaxy:      45.18.255.218

Web-Interface US: http://45.18.255.218:8080/

[AUS|HottesGaming] Rusty's modded CorePvP Galaxy: 45.248.48.165

Web interface: http://45.248.48.165:8080/

Since the game has been released a lot of nice mods have been developed, some still in early stages but they make gameplay a lot more fun.

Below you will find an overview of the mods installed on our server, since a few mods require you to merge a few files for them to work, we created a bundle with all the mods and scripts correctly configured, you can download it on our Discord.

Just drag and drop this to your Data folder on your client and let the files overwrite. If you experience any problems with earlier mudpacks installed or other mods conflicting, it is best to validate your game cache in Steam and contact me on Discord so we can work out the conflicts by going over your files.

Rusty's Modpack content:

(You can find the latest version in the #information channel of our Discord, in the #modinfo channel you will find a full list of modifications)

Vanilla modifications:

--NPC hyperspace blockers only affect you if you have bad relations with that npc.

--Repairdock reconstruction cost is 60% of vanilla price.

--ResourceTrader Sell and Buy prices have been  increased and offset.

--TurretFactories now are interactable when the faction is at a neutral status.

--All player owned stations can sell crew.

--Exodus mission for module 1 is now placed directly into your inventory.

--Exodus mission for module 1 now has exploit prevention added. (need to revisit this)

--Wormhole gaurdian now respawns every 4 hours instead of every hour.

--Wormhole gaurdian now spawns 7 wormholes instead of 15.

--Xsotan inside the core, should attack immediatly instead of waiting for you to shoot first.

--NPC Carriers have been disabled.

--Removed player/alliance scripts from NPC entities.

--Overal NPC ship volume increased.

--Force Turrets drop rates have been reduced.

--Repair Turret drop rates have been reduced.

--Pirates are now stronger inside the core.

--Players can now dock further from a station than normal.

--Increased module rarity given by participating in faction battles.

--Shops now have 3 times the normal amount of items available.

--Xsotan are now larger in volume.

--Wormhole gaurdian should now have more turrets.

--Tooltips for turrets now have more information available.

--Trading with a resource trader, will now yeild better relationship changes.

--Salvage and Mining turrets now have a longer reach

--Validate Mission Data (vanilla bug)

--Factionwars will wait 1 hour before checking if they should start, instead of waiting 10 minutes.

--Increased number of passing ships through a sector.

--Wormhole into the core, will now close after 2 minutes instead of 20 minutes.

--Increased range of the MiningSystem module

--Adjusted Events timing.

(Custom) Mods:

--Added module SalvagingSystem, same as mining systems but for salvaging.

--Added RoboticCrew module, Extra crew.

--Added more bonuses to all xsotan artifacts.

--Added advShipyards, personal blueprints at the shipyard.

--Added Afker, informs the server when a player is AFK.

--Added CarrierCommander, Adds predifined orders for fighters.

--Added Complex Stations, Combine any owned stations into a gaint complex

--Added CrewTransport, Call the CTA to have a ship sell you crew members.

--Added DeathInfo, tracks last death location for supporters.

--Added DirtyBuoy, Launch various buoys.

--Added DirtyCargoExtender, Extends cargo bays of stations that were generated with small cargo bays.

--Added DirtySecure, protect stations and players from greifing, and offline protection.

--Added Extend Production Lines, Adds more production lines to factories.

--Added GateIcons, Shows the direction the gate travels in its icon.

--Added HyperBlocker, module to block players hyperspace when their close to you.

--Added Loglevels, easily restrict log info from the console.

--Added Minecorp, addes claimable Mines that generate a steady flow of resources.

--Added ModInfo, displays information about the modpack and the server.

--Added MoreInsurance, sends insurance mail upon death, detailing your current insurance status.

--Added MoreOrders, Additional AI orders for your ship captains.

--Added MoveAsteroid, Allows you to warp a claimed asteroid to a new location.

--Added MoveUI, Additional UI windows, that can be moved.

--Added OOSP, Out Of Sector Production for factories.

--Added RegenerativeAsteroids, Random sectors with regenerating asteroids.

--Added RegenerativeClaimableAsteroids, Regenerates or restores claimed asteroids.

--Added SectorOverview, displays information about the current sector.

--Added ShipScriptLoader, Autoloads scripts onto the players current ship.

--Added StatusDisplayer, Displays information about your ship.

--Added SubspaceCorridor, Generate wormholes at an entities location.

You can follow and participate in our journey by joining our Discord, this is also the place where you download our modpack and find out about all the recent updates of the server and community.

Join the Discord by visiting https://discord.gg/AkGe7ke

Welcome to the Rusty's Universe server overview!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have added the mod that allows you to set a sector as your home so you won't have to travel back everytime, use /sethome.

We still have the starting home sector set to the same for everyone so you can easily meet up with friends.

The mod that buffs the Mining System modules also looks very promising so I'll add that one too.

Untill now the server has been running very smooth, I restart the server daily because there is quite some perfomance leaking away over time. We noticed that staying online while the server is being closed corrupts your player data making you lose your ship, so make sure so we will announce in chat so you can log out in time otherwise you will be kicked.

Sounds nice  :D. Personally prefer official game mode (all x1). The x2 is not much but acceptable for me. The mining mod ive seen on this forum is a bit overpowered since its x5. A little effort isnt bad in my eyes so i would definitely join if the x5 mining mod wont be used. X2 is acceptable for me, in the close future there would be more of those mods . Looking forward to a conversation with you. From nl here btw :)

Yep that's also what we have imagined for this server.

Once the servers become more stable we will definately open up a vanilla one but for now we will be trying out mods for an enhanced quality of life.

Things I have added in the meantime:

- Easier docking to stations

- Increased crew at stations closer to the middle

- Factories running while you are in another sector, this can still be buggy but seems to be working for now.

You can stay up to date by joining our discord, where you can also contact me.

Due to the crashes not resolving we have wiped our server, and it seems to be a lot more stable now.

I have also updated the main post of this thread with all the current mods, and also included a bundle that you can download that will install all the needed client mods at once!

Edit:

Fixed some bugs in v1.1, here is the zippy: http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/WHmFKLCh/file.html

Good server with some nice people. Admin is a star and has been more than available during most hours of the day even though he has a job!

3 cheers for Devious!

Come join us!

Thank you for the kind words :)

I think we have traced back the cause of the issues now.

!!!To make sure everything is working correctly, validate your gamecache before installing this new modpack!!!

You can do so by rightclicking on Avorion in the Steam library > properties > local files and there you will find the option to validate your game cache.

After you are done you will find the scripts folder when you click on "Open local files", move everything in the scripts folder of the modpack to the scripts folder of the game, and let it overwrite the files who are the same.

If you are playing on other servers with mods installed, contact me so we can go over your other mod files and make sure everything is configured correctly to work together ;)

Rusty_Client_Mods_v_1_3.zip

I'm not sure if this is the right location, but I cannot seem to connect to the server. During the Loading..., it simply does not load. Eventually I get kicked from the server.

Did I do something wrong when installing the mods? I verified and then copied the mod files from the download in the main post (1.3).

I'm not sure if this is the right location, but I cannot seem to connect to the server. During the Loading..., it simply does not load. Eventually I get kicked from the server.

Did I do something wrong when installing the mods? I verified and then copied the mod files from the download in the main post (1.3).

IF you were asked to overwrite a few files when installing the modpack then you probably did everything right.

I have send you a message on Discord, hopefully your logs can tell us more!

Edit: Tracked down the problem and there was a script missing on the client which could cause a crash, this script is now included in version 1.4.

Rusty_Client_Mods_v_1_4.zip

Today we hit a record on our server, we had 24 players online and the server was handling pretty well according to the players. I wasn't there myself to see how everything was doing but if the performance stays up I will increase the slots.

Did some quick maintenance, more incoming tomorrow :)

- Replaced Ohm/DPS Display for Detailed Turret Tooltips

- Updated OOSP to newest version (Fingers crossed)

- Added Crude Oil and Coal to be gathered with mines

- Enabled nearly all stations to be founded by you

- Added /disttocore command that shows the distance between you and the core

Download it from below this post or through wetransfer: https://we.tl/5Klewtne9X

Rusty_Client_Mods_v_1_5.zip

I have updated the server, here are the changes and the new modpack.

Note that there is now an extra folder that goes into your main Avorion folder where also the data folder is located.

Changes:

- Added MineCorp (Beta) mod that spawns claimable abandoned resource mines, earns 1000 every 5 minutes at a cost of 1.000.000

- Transfer cargo and crew faster by typing in the amount

- Compass-like Gate Icons on the HUD

- Sector Overview now shows gates and players on the map

- Mined asteroids should spawn outside the starting sectors now too

- Fixed (laser) turret range bug

- Hopefully a fix for the scaling of turret components

- Potential fix for stations having 0 stock in trading overview

- Custom Xsotan Modules

We have now passed the max allowed file size to upload the pack on the forums so I will provide a direct download link through WeTransfer.

You will find a quick download for the modpack in the Announcements section on Discord as well.

https://we.tl/qsx7D1JIuu

After looking into a few scripts I have made some quality of life improvements, note that these do not require a new install of the modpack:

- Doubled fighter health (This unfortunately makes them more expensive)

- Reduced pirate/alien spawn times a tiny bit

- Resource Depot buy price x10, sell price x5

- Increased relation gain for trading resources

- Reduced Salvage Yard spam

I've noticed I forgot to update the main thread after the last three posts so I'll do that after I finished looking into the scriptable files.

there's seems a problem from me when i try to connect to your server through server browser it says your server is 10.2 version which is not the beta version. Connect via IP is not working for me atm i can only play multiplayer through server list

Yes I noticed that too and made a bugreport about it,

how come you are not able to join directly through the IP?

edit; I seem to be able to join through the server overview now, make sure you select the right server (The description is the same as the title and there are usually 5+ players online)

Have you taken a look at DarkPaapi's Extra Crew Workforce System Moduls? Would you consider something like that?

I'd really like to have a way to make do with less crew, even if I have to use a module.

Edit:

While I'm at it, what about Cypher's AutoResearch mod? Is that something worth considering? Personally, I think it sounds more like another quality-of-life mod. It's about making the game a bit less tedious, isn't it?

Indeed they both look interesting,

I'll give them a try later today :)

It seems that after the last update sectors are becoming corrupt due to a bug in the sector generator, we might have to wipe the server to get rid of it. We are also thinking about upgrading our server but in order to do so, we'd need your help so please join the discussion on Discord!

We will be wiping the server today between 19.00 and 20.00 CET (UTC+1)

The reason for this wipe is that players are starting to lose their homesectors due to a bug in the sector generator.

We hope to fix this and the gates going into the center by wiping the map since that has been fixed in the last patch.

I have a few more additions planned for the server, so stand by!

The server has been wiped, this means no more gates going to the center and hopefully no more corrupt sectors either.

Enjoy the fresh start, hopefully the next wipe will be with the next balancing patches/forced wipe!

Here are the changes:

- PvP allowed in the center

- Trading overview now shows quantities and total profit

- New players receive a few starting materials in their mail when they join the galaxy

- Every player now starts with one iron mine for a little passive income early on

- Automated research at Research Stations

- Fix for cheap captains in Shipyard

- Carrier commands for more fighter functionality

- New attempt to fix the bugged turret factories

- New modules for extra crew space