Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Question Editor lighting

Trajan

Suggestion

Hello all, my name is Trajan and Im new here.

If my post isnt at the right place here sorry please. Ive searched a while for a answer to my questions but didnt find anything.

If Im working in the editor sometimes the light is getting bright or dark in middle of what Im doing right now (both versions open and neutral editor).

For parts the blocks im working are suddenly in a total shadow and turned black .. No way to turn light back in my view.

Sometimes this realy disturbes especially while working on parts of very small and complicated block constellations.

So I came to the questions if that happens only to me and if not why this happens and if this can be changed or turned off.

But I didnt find a way to hold the same brightness while im working.

My Points are how I was saying, is it possible to avoid this brightness changings?

Is it possible to adjust the brightness especially in the editor screen, maybe in several steps?

If yes, how do I do this please?

Thank you! : )

And if not, it would be a pretty cool option to implement this possibility, think it would probably be helpful to a lot of people.

Regards,

Trajan

4 answers to this suggestion

Try increasing the ‘gamma’ value slider in the settings of the game. I doubt it will help in this case, though.

I also see blocks turn black on occasion. And some pieces become dark. I think it happens when I have pieces overlapping or any other time when the lighting system is confused. Normally, I don’t see this happening.

The "neutral" editor should have the same amount of light coming from every angle, its the idea of it being neutral. As it is right now it is just gray background but the light from a single source remains. Shouldnt need to build obstruction-ships to block the sun 😕