Heard you liked Freelancer, built a Liberty Siege Cruiser

Phoenixstar117

So whilst reading the description for this game, I noted that you had a part about the game being like Freelancer, "Avorion takes sandbox aspects from games like X or Freelancer." And I would have to agree as many of the basic mechanics in the game do reflect a lot on Freelancer, from jump gates to mouse steering. So, taking this into consideration I thought it might be fitting to try and throw together a ship from Freelancer, so here is the Liberty Siege Cruiser!

excelsior_pic_1.png

excelsior_pic_2.png

The style is purposely blocky to help fit in with the rest of the ships in the game (totally not because I just didn't want to have to figure out all those curves and circles in a voxel-based game xD ). She is quite fast and entirely made of Titanium (except a relatively large Trinium Hyperdrive). Although, she does require a massive crew to get working efficiently; but still manages on a skeleton crew.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I decided to upload this ship, alongside two other Freelancer models. I haven't played the game in ages, but started it up and realized I still had the models.

They're now on the Steam workshop

"Freelancer Liberty Cruiser"

"Freelancer Rhino"

"Freelancer Starflier"

http://steamcommunity.com/id/phoenixstar117/myworkshopfiles/?appid=445220

Beware their age... I haven't tested them in the latest version of the game.