Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Symmetrical turrets?

tomson569

Hi all,

I like symmetry. I don't know who doesn't. But my turrets are all unique, so I unintentionally place them in a straight line on the top of my ship. I'd like to put them on the sides of my ship so I can broadside. Is there a way to duplicate turrets (without cheating)? Or do I just have to suck it up and put them unevenly? What would you do in my case?

If it helps, I'm currently moving to Xanion.

Edited by tomson569

Not sure if you resolved this on your own yet. However, you can actually turn turrets that you have into blueprints at a Turret Station and then build as many copies of the turret as you want as long as you have the required components and the required standing with the faction that owns the station.

• 1 month later...

i under stand your feelings man i have the same problem too i just wish that they had less turrets from like it seams like 50,000 different turrets to maybe 300 or less and damage correlates with the material its made from like iron it 10-30 dps and tritium is 50-70 dps I had two same turrets but the material it was made from was different. More and maybe all turrets are independent targeting so i dont have to find them im on single player and i have like one regulate turret thats independent targeting thats not a point defense turret but the turret factory is slow i found one on another single player that makes cannons that have a 50,000 damage per hit so i mad like 5 of them

8 hours ago, Noble_Sicks said:

i under stand your feelings man i have the same problem too i just wish that they had less turrets from like it seams like 50,000 different turrets to maybe 300 or less and damage correlates with the material its made from like iron it 10-30 dps and tritium is 50-70 dps I had two same turrets but the material it was made from was different. More and maybe all turrets are independent targeting so i dont have to find them im on single player and i have like one regulate turret thats independent targeting thats not a point defense turret but the turret factory is slow i found one on another single player that makes cannons that have a 50,000 damage per hit so i mad like 5 of them

Here is helpful information about turrets, Noble Sicks: The stats of the turrets is dependent on technology level (based on distance from core 0,0) and the type of turret. Material only matters because you have to put it on a block made of that material. It may appear that the power of turrets depend on material, but that's only because material depends on distance to the core. You can use the research station to make a powerful iron turret with high technology. By the way, turrets will always adopt the technology level of the research station, so you can update all your old turrets there.

I'd like to see turrets change to have intuitive and relevant stats. Then people like me wouldn't have to read about them to understand them.

• 2 months later...
On 8/31/2020 at 9:00 AM, SneakyTacts said:

Here is helpful information about turrets, Noble Sicks: The stats of the turrets is dependent on technology level (based on distance from core 0,0) and the type of turret. Material only matters because you have to put it on a block made of that material. It may appear that the power of turrets depend on material, but that's only because material depends on distance to the core. You can use the research station to make a powerful iron turret with high technology. By the way, turrets will always adopt the technology level of the research station, so you can update all your old turrets there.

I'd like to see turrets change to have intuitive and relevant stats. Then people like me wouldn't have to read about them to understand them.

ok i under stand now but at least more independent targeting turrets i tryed the research stations to make a turret independent targeting but it comes out with out it or it turns into a anti fighter or point defense turret i have vary rarely got a rail gun or regular chain gun w/ independent targeting or i get 2 entirely different turret from the same10 turret put into the research slots

• 4 months later...