[Beta branch] Game always crashes and corrupts save file when player-controlled ship crosses the barrier (save file included for reproducing bug)

Speed

I am running on the beta branch, version 1.1.2 r23886, zero mods installed

After I open the Xsotan artifact gate and cross through, the game loads the sector, runs for like 500 ms, and then it permanently hangs.  After this, the save file is corrupted: if I try to load it, the game hangs up and crashes. 

Variations I have tried:

1) I tried two different Xsotan gates.  Both caused the game to freeze immediately after I load into the first sector across the barrier.

2) I also twice had an AI-controlled ship in my fleet go through the wormhole first.  The AI ship gets through just fine.  I have my AI ship do a couple hyperspace jumps to different sectors on the other side of the barrier: all good.  However, when I try switching into my AI ship, the game freezes.

After restarting the game and trying to reload my save, the sector (across the barrier) doesn't even load in: the game just hangs up on the load screen.  Thankfully, I am constantly backing up the save file in \AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies, so maybe if this bug is fixed I will be able to begin enjoying the game again.

I am adding a google drive link to my save file below.  Just fly the ship up to the final gate (it's in front of you), then through the wormhole, and see for yourself.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_YaUASMQvcX8KAagj4LhJD3xEhMPPhyj/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Speed

I tried a third variation: I cheated myself 1000 avorion and just hyperspaced across the barrier.  The game freezes almost immediately, same as any other method.  Looks like I'm stuck outside even if I cheat 😞