Is it possible to make drops bigger? or trackable?

jdedmo

I am trying to find out if there is a way to make loot drops from fights more visible? 

During a fight I am flying around boosting to dodge/retreat, etc (unless I am fighting a much weaker and basically helpless group of targets).  After all that combat often I spend more time zooming in and out trying to find tiny specs of light that are different but look the same as the dots of light for the background.

Would high tier tractor upgrade work even when boosting past a target as it blows up? Or will a high level scanner allow me to target and see loot in the the f9 window? I have not used scanners much at all since well I can see whats in your ship after i kill you 😄 and still very new.

The last option is maybe a mod that simply makes the loot bigger .. I would rather be able to simply have a toggle to scan for loot in the f9 window but eh.

Thanks to any who add helpful info.

Edited by jdedmo

• Boxelware Team

Mh, I have to admit, none of us in the dev team try to collect every little thing of loot. Loot is plentiful, so that a general fly-by usually collects enough to satisfy our needs ^^ Especially as the most important part of the loot are the turrets and upgrades and those are pretty easy to collect

Have you tried equipping a loot range booster? Yes, it'll still not mark the loot or make it more visible, but it'll be sucked to you from greater distances. So that might already resolve your issues 🙂

As for speed: You can go too fast for the loot to register you flying by, so not boosting while collecting should give you more success. I hope that helps a bit 🙂

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is really a subset of a larger problem. There is a distinct lack of navigational aides in the tactical view or F9 view. There is no grid, no reference directions, no way to mark or record a location. Yes, there is a grid overlaying the strategic view, but it isn't fixed. If you drop down to tactical view and then return to strategic, it's projected from a different viewpoint. The map is typically rotated in all three axes compared to previous instance in strategic view.

Similarly, orientation is never saved. When you go to the strategic sector view or the galaxy map, or the ship building workshop, then return, your ship is pointing in a different direction than when you left the tactical view.

Modern combat jets have recording gear that tracks the inertial and signal location data in flight, remembers all the HUD data, etc. A whole dogfight can be reviewed moments after returning to the airfield, combining path info and HUD data with gun camera or missile camera video. We should be able to turn around and see a 3D overlay of what your ship did in combat, and it should be available for a reasonable length of time. Individual points of interest, such as claimable asteroids and wrecks should be available to save indefinitely. It would be good to have a simple button to delete everything more than X number of play hours, and a point-and-click option to pick out exceptions to preserve. Doesn't have to be high resolution, one point per km might do OK.

While the player can click through all targets with the tab button, it would be nice to be able to skip asteroids and only look at artificial objects. It would also be nice to have a variable size threshold. That way it would skip over bits of debris and only pick up larger pieces, if desired.