Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Missing Corner Block

CaotcAftermth

Suggestion

Good Afternoon, 
I would like to put forth the suggestion of a new corner block. Currently, nearly any shape desired can be created with the wonderful palette of blocks, edges, corners, and twisted corners. The only exception to this is when a slope is being constructed in an oblique manner as can be seen in the attached picture. As it stands, there is currently no method with the provided blocks to fill in the empty spaces.  The proposed block would solve the issue of the gaps and provide the community with the last corner piece required to fully unleash their creativity! 

SketchFab 3D View - https://skfb.ly/6TwAN

AngleStudyMissingCorner.png

AngleStudyMissingAngle.png

• Like 2

5 answers to this suggestion

On 6/23/2020 at 4:15 AM, Zajc said:

"people will be very confused how to use it though."

I believe once people have some time to mess around with it, the builders especially would find the benefits of the block and be able to utilize it in a great many more unique builds. 

• Like 1

Yes, been thinking about this block for months. The key difference between this block and all others is that it is the only block that has 1 additional Vertex that is not aligned to another vertex, its location sits between 2 other Vertices exactly at mid point. At 1st I thought this block was left out intentionally because of scaling issues, but knowing that it always is 10/2 in the above example you wouldn't have to calculate it.

Edited by Reclusiarch