Restore Build Mode Camera Transform After Editing Turret

jmattspartacus

Suggestion

The "problem" I would like to see corrected:

Currently, when editing a ship, if I decide to add a custom turret to a turret base, and then exit the turret editing mode, it returns the camera of the build mode to the default position. This isn't so bad when doing this once or twice, but for some builds with numerous turrets, turning the camera to the location I was at again and again can be a hassle. While this isn't a major issue, I would consider it a definite QoL improvement if it wasn't the case.

Proposed solution:

When entering turret editing mode, store the transform of the camera, (I'm not sure how things work in the engine Avorion uses, so I'm using terms I know from working in Godot/Unity, etc).
When the player exits turret edit mode, have the camera return to the transform it was before entering turret edit mode, either in some animated fashion as it does to restore the default view now, or just snapping to that previous view.

1 answer to this suggestion

+1 I was about to post the exact same thing. Especially when you have some turret designs you just want to add to numerous places over the ship the complete reset gets pretty annoying.

On top of that I'ld also suggest that it yould be real nice to just be able to choose turret designs without having to enter the turret design mode. I personally have made me some turret designs which I just paste on other ships and entering the turret design mode, klicking on the saved design button, applying the design, exiting the design mode (and the reset of the camera) is pretty time consuming compared to the suggestion that you could simply choose premade designs in the building mode itself.

Edited by Noctunus