Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

How do I constantly shoot, non-stop

Kurosawa

You probably don't want to do that, as many weapons have heat that builds up and which eventually requires we weapon to stop for a time to cool off.   Its better to have different groups of weapons to alternate between (plasma, missiles, rails, etc) so that you can fire just the ones you need in the situation.

If you are tired of holding down the mouse button, get (or make) some auto-firing turrets.  Though they traditionally lose DPS when they autofire, there is a mod to disable that "feature" of the game.  

• 4 weeks later...

Without limiting your options, you can pay special attention to how many servos are used in turrets that have battery/overheat traits.  They modify the fire rate and if you lower the fire rate, the length of time the turret can fire before it must cool down increases.  I usually opt for turrets with lower fire rate that can fire several times as long as they need for cooldown.  ^^ 

EDIT:  Reduce the servos too much and eventually it'll lower your DPS, but you have a lot of flexibility for long periods of sustained fire before your DPS drops. 

Edited by Baphnedia
I forgot to mention that servos CAN affect DPS.

• 3 months later...