Engine plume / flare / exhaust

Zajc

Suggestion

Some sort of a slider on how big (length, thickness, brightness / transparency) the plume is would be very helpfull. "Might be even better as a straight particle producing block so that it can be utilized with thrusters as well" as said by CaotcAftermth

• Like 2

6 answers to this suggestion

Guest mrkonfuzed

would also be good if you could chose the color of what the plume would be, IE if you color the block in purple the plume would be purple etc.. like you do with the color on any other block 

On 6/26/2020 at 4:49 PM, Guest mrkonfuzed said:

would also be good if you could chose the color of what the plume would be, IE if you color the block in purple the plume would be purple etc.. like you do with the color on any other block 

I just wanna say I really like this suggestion since we can't react to guest posts. I've been at the barrier for a while but I still use trinium engines on my main ship because I just don't like the color yellow very much and don't want giant yellow engines in my face all the time, even if they're faster.

10 hours ago, Maoman said:

I just wanna say I really like this suggestion since we can't react to guest posts. I've been at the barrier for a while but I still use trinium engines on my main ship because I just don't like the color yellow very much and don't want giant yellow engines in my face all the time, even if they're faster.

What I would suggest is being able to change the plume by just placing glowing or hologram blocks right behind the engines.

Also I don't think Xanion engines are faster than Trinium. I'm pretty sure all engines have the same output, but higher materials use less energy. Their Cost, Mass, and Durability is also different but Trinium is the lightest material.

5 hours ago, Vis said:

Also I don't think Xanion engines are faster than Trinium. I'm pretty sure all engines have the same output, but higher materials use less energy. Their Cost, Mass, and Durability is also different but Trinium is the lightest material.

Yeah, you're right, I forgot engines don't scale with material.

A tiny little bit off topic, but the appearance of the thrusters could also could use some improvement. Currently they have a bunch of  black holes for where the plume comes out, and are smudged around it. Like soot on an exhaust. Ugly.

Short request to the dev team:

Clean those thrusters up, and if you decide to do the OP's suggestion, apply it to thrusters as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1