Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Love the New Forum!

Shrooblord

Hey Boxel,

Love the look of the new forum! So clean. Very modern.

I do miss the "top posters" column -- my bragging rights!! x)

Looking forward to seeing how the suggestions voting system will pan out. Hope it helps you filter through what we as a community care about most.

Can't wait to see what comes in the new update. Each one is a charm.

Keep being awesome,

Shroob

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As a counterpoint, I do miss the old forum.

I'm definitely not a fan of Invision, to put it mildly, and I couldn't care less about "modern" looks versus usable functionality.
Too JS heavy, too much wasted screen estate, cumbersome non-WYSIWYG formatting, and even WYSI usually NWYintended, especially with no way to preview what you're going to submit.

And the bots... sorry moderators for constantly pestering you about those. I don't know how long I will keep it up though, I'm almost starting to feel like one myself.

Oh, and I forgot – a pity about all the broken links in "old" posts, too.

Edited by Valck

There is a "Preview" button, it's the end of the formatting buttons list.

That's part of what I meant with "too JS heavy".
The preview button is only there with JS enabled, like many other functions that could have a no-JS alternative implementation to fall back on, but don't.
The entire "formatting buttons list" isn't there either, which leads to

cumbersome non-WYSIWYG formatting

Some (many? most?) BBCode tags work, but it's cumbersome at best, and only if you have previous knowledge that something like that even exists.

For example, there is no way (at least that I know of) to quote posts with a reference to them, in a way the original posters get a notification, or mentioned for that matter.

PS.:
And if you look at this very post, it is a prime example for "wasted screen estate", too...
PPS.:
Aaand apparently even more screen estate gets wasted upon editing the post... those quote blocks just keep growing. Invision apparently insists on doubling every end-of-line with another one of its own. Brilliant!

Edited by Valck