[Singleplayer] New start recommended after a long break?

Val

Greetings!

My current galaxy was started in April 2019 at game version 0.21 beta and I'm not sure if I should keep playing in it, now that the game is past v1.0. Are there any known issues? Any feature that needs a clean start to be available?

I searched the Avorion update page on Steam and the only savegame related info I found was for version 0.29.5:

IMPORTANT: This affects existing saves! The galaxy generation algorithms have changed and sectors visited BEFORE the update still have the factories of the old algorithms. This means that the supply/demand prediction will mismatch around those sectors. You can fix this easily by simply visiting those sectors. Their factories will be updated into the galactic trade network and supply/demand prediction around them will correct itself.

Although, if you've been thinking about starting a new playthrough anyways, now would be a good time.

Does this mean the game is bugged as long as there are sectors I haven't revisited? I have revealed like 120 of them. Is there a way to update the sectors algorithm all at once by now, may be with a console command? Or does it even matter?

I just don't want to start grinding from scratch.

Now is the perfect time to create a new galaxy! It’s what I did. You’ll love it. For me, there is no grind in this game except for building and combat, which I enjoy (except for terrible boss missions). If you’re concerned about mining, then make a second ship at the beginning and send it to an asteroid sector so it mines for you.

About continuing your very outdated world: it won’t be bugged. I know because I use an old save to build. The quoted message you give is only talking about the supply and demand information which you can use to position stations optimally—you really should start anew to discover this (exotic+ trading module). It’s only saying that, after you update your galaxy, previously discovered sectors will have updated supply and demand information when you visit them again. Doesn’t matter much, but you won’t get accurate information about supply and demand in these old sectors unless you visit the ones that matter.

However you proceed, you’ll have new missions, different faction relations, new build menu UI, far more interesting spacecraft designs, and much more.

@SneakyTacts Thanks a lot for the thorough clarification!

you really should start anew to discover this (exotic+ trading module)

Do you mean the module can only be obtained when starting a new game?

Well then I guess I keep playing the old galaxy, since I won't miss anything. It's just that I'm still a bit burnt out from my last 100 hours playtime a year ago, but am enjoying the game nonetheless. I have to say I'm very excited to create my first ai worker.