Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Thoughts on how to make Avorion a longer lasting game

mosler

Suggestion

Thoughts on how to make Avorion last longer:

I think I may have come up with a couple ideas that might make the game last a lot longer, inspire more exploration, and shut down the whole “race to the core” play style.

I have two potential fixes for this a medium game version and a long game version.

Medium game.

My thought here is to have all building blocks of the next higher resource tier off limits until you acquire the research to unlock them (iron being the exception). The research is gained by gaining excellent or even allies status with X number or civilizations. There could be an option for just any 3 or 5 or whatever civilizations, or perhaps you need to find a number of specific civilizations and work them up to gain the parts of the research to unlock the next tier. This will really have people exploring much more of the map. You can still go to next tier space, and even mine next tier ores, just not be able to build on to your ship with this material.

Long Game

As for the long the scenario is somewhat similar. However the difference being that you would have to find a civilization to sell you the research to build each block type individually. For instance one civ might have titanium generators, another civ might have titanium frame work. This would cause people to want to full explore to fill in there block options. Larger civs could possibly have a couple types etc, I realize there are usually only a hand full of civs in the core.

Thanks for reading

5 answers to this suggestion

I prefer having all our current blocks and materials free and available, so I’m not in favor of this idea, but I think you’re close to something good.

For starters, making the whole galaxy fun to explore is a good idea of yours. I want incentives to be in naonite sectors later in the game, or to be in a different quadrant. To do this, there could be giant space monuments, mega-stations, unique factions, technology, and so much more to discover in particular regions of the galaxy, not just in the center.

Three examples of a unique faction:

civilians talk of a cluster of factions that have stealth technology;

or of a faction to the north that has a great procedurally generated monument (asteroid carving or an interesting structure, or something else);

or of a challenging alien race known to wage wars constantly.

The idea is good, but limiting building habits does not sound comfortable. But it gives me an idea for late game content after the final boss.

What do you guys think about a "perk"? Examples:

- a dash, that teleports you 10km in the direction you're looking with a cooldown of 2 minutes

- invulnerable bubble that lasts 10 seconds, also with cooldown

- invisibility until using weapons

A player can only have one perk equipped.

Perks can be build at the headquarter of an allied faction within the barrier. Needs wormhole guardian drop, 10 mil Avorion, 1 billion credits, hard to find components, legendary system upgrade.

Some things can only be found in early game regions and only spawn when the final boss is done

Just had an idea to make the early game a little more interesting.

What about an rpg-like skill system for the player with skills like:

Charisma: more relations points earned

Luck: better chance to find better loot

Trading: better prices

Mindful: increased radar

You get 15 points - for each upgrade slot one

And you can earn points and rewards for killing 10, 100, 1000, 10k ... pirates, xsotan, warships.