Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

NPC factories and supply chains - am I missing something?

nobigdealbro

I've recently explored the idea of trading more to make credits, and I've run into some issues that make me wonder if my server/instance are broken, if trading is currently broken right now, or if I'm just misunderstanding the way the mechanics work.

Basically, NPC factories don't seem to be producing anything.  Not only that, they aren't accepting/buying any of the components they need to do so.

Example: Antigrav Units are shown as priced at -50% with 6 factories in a sector.  I fly there, and notice that only one factory has any in stock, and that they all have resource shortage missions for processors.  Only one of them is actually buying the Processors/Power Units/Energy Cells actually required.  For stock, 5/6 of the factories are showing "0/0" for all input/output components.  This doesn't seem right to me - shouldn't it be 0/X, with X being whatever their capacity would be? Is this a known issue? I flew around and noted that this is a widespread issue on my server. 

Edit - so far I've noticed this is actually occurring with one faction, whom I was previously at war with but am now neutral.  I've checked other neutral factions and don't seem to have the issue.  Not sure if it's due to my relations with them or just that all of their factories are bugged.

Factorys need cargo space and so do all other buying and selling stations.

The problem is some times they are generated without cargo box blocks. This is a more common problem the farther you get away from the core because stations are much much smaller so there is less and less space for there to be any cargo blocks while most of it ends up being crew quarters and frilly bits to make them look nice.

That's why mods like

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1909636161&searchtext=scale

Exist. They make everything bigger so there is more cargo space even at lower tiers.

Though I would personally prefer that Size was normalized all across the Galaxy as a real ECO would be and that the quality of the ships and stations just got better as you got close to the core.

IMHO it does not make sense that outer edge factions only have fighters and gunships while inner factions only have dreadnoughts and titan class ships.

Every faction should have a full range of ships from gunships all the way up to titans. The only difference being the materials those ships are made out of.