HUD Info / Universe / NPC

Meiyo

Suggestion

Hello, first, thank's for this amazing game, a really cool base actually, you can make THE SPACEOP Game !

About HUD

I dont see anything about that so, why not add a panel or windows in the HUD for see some info about our vessel.

-Actual Speed

-Relative Speed with target (If you go at 100ms and your target flees at 50ms you have 50ms in relative speed and if your target comes on you at 50ms you have 150ms, just a little example for all)

-RDV/Impact time with target  (Time left before encounter)

About universe

And what about make an empire for the player ? (Build station(Mine/Industrial/Market interactive with NPC), take a sector for himself, protect with stationary defense (ship without engine actually), I think this point need an "offline" activity for sector without player in sector for keep active ships, stations, and invasion events.

(Inspired of X3 series of course but with an Avorion touch, so he can be better !)

About NPC

I love that game but, the "cruiser" of NPC... not my tea, so why not give the possibility for player to add some pattern in NPC ship (military and transport), with a medium chance to see him in universe.

For example, if someone want to add all Star Wars ships, he can take some 100+ hours for make all ships and add in the game for revive a war against the Empire !

Or Stargate x) see that is not bad x) https://s2.qwant.com/thumbr/0x0/f/4/7118aecef5b24d3bd6b648999f10b9/b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stargate-fusion.com%2Fimages%2Fnews%2Fdivers%2Fhammond2.jpg&q=0&b=1&p=0&a=1

13 answers to this suggestion

I'm sure everything 'About universe' stuff is to-do already

. You can build your own mines right now actually. Stations are planned (dock block exists now) and NPC salesmen will trade with playermade stations. You can protect your ships by giving them commanders and tasking them to patrol area.

Offline activity would easily kill the server though. We've been experiencing heavy lags after 10-12 hours after a restart on unofficial test server -- currently even with sectors inactive, making every single one active would be likely horrible.

. You can build your own mines right now actually.

Oh ? I've miss that feature !

You can protect your ships by giving them commanders and tasking them to patrol area.

Actually AI pilot is limited, I have my first ship with a captain and it pass 50% of his time without any activity, always block him.

So, not really active/pratical

Offline activity would easily kill the server though. We've been experiencing heavy lags after 10-12 hours after a restart on unofficial test server -- currently even with sectors inactive, making every single one active would be likely horrible.

Stations are planned (dock block exists now) and NPC salesmen will trade with playermade stations.

When I say "offline", I speak when a sector has a player element (station or ship), it must always be active for the utility of other ships or stations. Without this feature, making a station or other ship is not really helpful/Primordial

Another ship never followed me into a portal or even chain it has the same configuration (I've just change the armor shape)

Maybe in option for Solo experience, in multiplayer you have a better chance to see a sector active ( a little bit)

• Boxelware Team

You can already found mines and factories. Both are stations. More stations, such as turret factories, shipyards etc. will come later.

Where would you place the UI improvements? I'm with you that that would be good, but where would you place it in the UI? Screenshots please.

You can already found mines and factories. Both are stations. More stations, such as turret factories, shipyards etc. will come later.

Where would you place the UI improvements? I'm with you that that would be good, but where would you place it in the UI? Screenshots please.

I would not mind my own info like speed and such just showing on the left or right side of the bottom bars for example. Also there is lot of space under the sector name for a few things as well as left or right side of the top bar.

• Boxelware Team

Those are both problematic since they might overlap with the chat window. I thought some more about it, and how about a small frame that pops up after a few seconds when you hover over the selected object's frame with the mouse? Similar to this maybe: http://media.psu.com/media/articles/image/deusexmankinddivided_guide3.jpg

Right, I play solo actually, I dont look the chat x)

I've only make the little frame on the left bord, but you can make it on the right side.

407924201701260027301.jpg

You can add Relative speed and impact time in the target frame too, and keep only the players vessel speed always appear somewhere in a little space.

I thought some more about it, and how about a small frame that pops up after a few seconds when you hover over the selected object's frame with the mouse? Similar to this maybe: http://media.psu.com/media/articles/image

You can make relative/impact in a little frame like that yes, but for the player speed I think he must always be seen without interaction.

What would you think about adding relative speed (and impact time if applicable) to the object description window in the bottom right?

These numbers are only interesting compared to another selected object, which would make it a perfect place for now.

One downside I could think of is that it is not as visible as placing it next to the bottom/top bars.

HUD Info: I also agree with adding more information on HUD such as absolute and relative velocity, time to impact could be nice (and also the identification of the block on build mode -> for example if I select a turret do I know what turret it is?

Universe: Global market search with sell/buy prices on each known sector? IMO its to difficult to know what to buy and what to sell, or in what place I can find a fertilizer factory ?

NPC: I would looooove to see themed ships per faction / alliance / player. Create  you own themed fleet!!

Im absolutly sure that lots of gamers avoid to try Avorion because the first videos and images they see are block themed ships and this game its a lot lot more than blocks -> just look at some amazing creations of the community!!

P.S.: Devs take a look on some EVE features regarding HUD and Market Search to have some ideas? -> It is a proven concept.

avorion5.jpg

Ich hab da mal was gebastelt. Mit relativer Geschwindigkeit meinen die meisten wohl die Geschwindigkeit mit der die Entfernung sich ändert. Einfach in Klammern hinter die Entfernung im Zielfenster.

Die eigene Geschwindigkeit als Zahl neben den Balken und als Bonus noch die Zeit zum Aufladen des Hyperraumantriebes.

____

Google translator:

I've done something. With relative speed most probably mean the speed with which the distance changes. Simply in brackets behind the distance in the target window.

The own speed as a number next to the bars and as a bonus still the time to charge the hyper-space drive.