Single player performance problem

lammaer

I played Avorion SP for 70 hours without any issues. I really enjoyed it, reached to the barrier, started to build my fleet.

Right now I have 7 miner ships mining in 7 different sectors with 2 squadrons of mining fighters, one asteroid mine and 2 battleships (the biggest one is made from 246 blocks, all the others are much smaller). But now the game becomes laggy.... the savegame is  around 740MB.

- On the galaxy map, it often takes seconds to ships acknowledge orders.

- I often face sector not loaded message when I move ships from one sectors to another. It takes 5-10-15 sec to have this message skipped (so I can give orders to the ships moved these sectors)

- My mining ships randomly stuck at various  stage of their mining cycle (mine->jump->refine->jump back)

- Fighters often completely disappear from mining ships randomly.  2 squadrons just gone in sectory where no enemies nor me present.

- Even the battles I see real lag (like ships moving back and forth , skipping, pressing left button sometimes doesnt fire just with 1-2 sec lag)

- UI elements (like station shopping panels) open with 2 or more sec delay.

- When I load the game, it takes like 4 minutes until all the ships will have a proper status dislayed (eg idle, mining, jumping), till that some of them has no status at all.  1 or 2 ships never get status update until I manually switch to that ship.

So the game getting more and more laggy.  My machine is beefy enough (Ryzen 5 3600 +  32GB ram, the game is on SSD). My CPU utilization is below 50 percent, memory is even less.

So my question: is 7 mining ships too much for the system?  (I see considerable performance improvement when I stop all my mining ships). CAn I do anything to have the game back in good performance?

• 3 months later...