Boarding is USELESS!!!

LordMaddog

I have spent about 10 hours now trying and testing out boarding and I have come to the conclusion that it is useless!!

Here is why

Even if you fully crew a captured station it will not repair overtime !!!!! ( they get this stupid little Icon)

fG5oqIl.jpg

Also, every tic in the boarding prosses has a chance to destroy cargo!!!!

so 90% of the time it is FAR FAR more profitable to just destroy the station!!!!

Why you ask

because if you destroy you get to salvage it witches gives you 10X more resources (if you deconstruct the station at 90% hp you get around 1% of the resources!!)

If you destroy it you get ALL the cargo sure you have to unbrand it but in boarding, you can easily lose over 50% if not 100%

when you have just enough boarders.

Honestly its a crap mechanic !!!!

Same with capturing ship!

they will NOT repair over time (they get the same crap Icon) and you have to manually buy a repair chip

so you are better of just building a new ship

at a repair doc.

( yes I am fully aware that Captured ships retain their npc buff I once got a ship with a 28X damage boost but that's a bug, not an intended feature and should have been fixed already)

There are no advantages to boarding what so ever!!! In fact, you lose a lot of time and expensive crew.

For the time and effort, it takes to board this a serious flaw in the game!!

Please fix!

Unfortunately, this is all true (but could have been said more politely).

I think the "structural damage" thing can be safely removed. Boarding will become more profitable, yes, but still less profitable than r-mining for example, so I believe it will not screw up game balance in any way.

I have spent about 10 hours now trying and testing out boarding and I have come to the conclusion that it is useless!!

Here is why

Even if you fully crew a captured station it will not repair overtime !!!!! ( they get this stupid little Icon)

fG5oqIl.jpg

Also, every tic in the boarding prosses has a chance to destroy cargo!!!!

so 90% of the time it is FAR FAR more profitable to just destroy the station!!!!

Why you ask

because if you destroy you get to salvage it witches gives you 10X more resources (if you deconstruct the station at 90% hp you get around 1% of the resources!!)

If you destroy it you get ALL the cargo sure you have to unbrand it but in boarding, you can easily lose over 50% if not 100%

when you have just enough boarders.

Honestly its a crap mechanic !!!!

Same with capturing ship!

they will NOT repair over time (they get the same crap Icon) and you have to manually buy a repair chip

so you are better of just building a new ship

at a repair doc.

( yes I am fully aware that Captured ships retain their npc buff I once got a ship with a 28X damage boost but that's a bug, not an intended feature and should have been fixed already)

There are no advantages to boarding what so ever!!! In fact, you lose a lot of time and expensive crew.

For the time and effort, it takes to board this a serious flaw in the game!!

Please fix!

Thank you for reporting this and share your opinion with us. We check this :)

Thank you for reporting this and share your opinion with us. We check this :)

That's Awesome!!

When you do please also fix commanders and generals.  It feels extreeeeeeemly scummy to loose millions in cargo for 15 to 20+ tics for every single one of them even though they are literally outnumbered one thousand to one!

In my gameplay an hour ago  I was capturing base so I can get the signs to add them to my own stations  7 commanders and  I think 3 generals took over 15 minutes to die even though I had 1300 + borders !

It was so stinking boring watching tic after tic with nothing happening  I alt-tabbed out and watched a youtube vid and surprise surprise when I finally did capture it the cargo was kaput  :'(.

Honestly, with the overwhelming force, I brought against that station it should have just surrendered  IRL only fanatic crazed lunatics fight to the last man standing but in games, NPCs just throw their life away :-\.

Also at the bare minimum, it should cost only half the station founding cost to once again make it into a functional station.  Especially since you are founding a station in a sector which will take hours before cargo ships will visit it again.