Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

3 Questions about fighter turret designs

Duke Wamba IV

Greetings,

I am currently building a fighter/ beginner ship. My plan is to include several turrets with custom designs. While working out the main body I begin to ask myself wether my fighter plans are even possible. My questions are:

[*]Is ist possible to build a fighter with a custom designed turret/main weapon?

[*]Is it possible to have multiple turrets on a fighter?

[*]Is it possible for a turret to have a smaller turret on it (imagine something like a mashine gun on a tank turret).

I am very new to this amazing sandbox and would appreciate if someone could find the time to answer my questions.

Thank you in advance!

I'm guessing your are referring to the little fighters that go in hangars as opposed to a fighter that you personally fly or command.

Hangar type fighters must be less than 200 blocks, when creating/building one in a fighter factory you select the fighter on the left and the 'gun' on the right. If the turret/gun appears on the right then you can use it however i believe 'turrets' that you design yourself do not appear on the right.

;TLDR

1. no

2. no

3. no, you can make a turret with a chaingun but you cannot place a turret on another turret.

Greetings,

and thank you for the reply. I think I have to clarify my second question. What I mean is: While we are able to design the looks of a turret in build mode with a turret base, would this design come over to the fighter, or would its weapon gun barrel be simply simulated in the fornt/middle instead (with no account for turret design).

A Fighter design and Turret design are both completely independent features of the corresponding items.

A Turret design is a property of Turret Base block, not the turret item, so when you place any turret on a turret base block, it will inherit the design from that base.

A Fighter design is just a model of the fighter item. It can look whatever you make it, and it will always fire from the front middle of the model no matter what turret was used to make it. FIghters do not carry turrets - they're more like flying turrets themselves.